Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the B-Series motors.

Okay, I have some questions.

Are the B6T and B6 crank and rods different? I figured they would use as least different pistons in there engine but I dunno what else.

Is the B8 bottom end the same thing as the BP bottom end? I know the B8 is a SOHC 1.8 but I'm not sure if the DOHC variant is totally different.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

crank, no, rods, yes!

B8 is same as BP bottom end, forged crank.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      crank, no, rods, yes!

Ahh, okay. Can you possibly put a BP head on a B8 Bottom end?
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

some b6t rods are the same as the b6 but gtx b6t rods are beefier if it has a small nose crank.
        YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
          Ahh, okay. Can you possibly put a BP head on a B8 Bottom end?
          don't see why not, IIRC you can use the same head gasket between the two as well... and you'll have to use a different water pump (i think) can't recall.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            crank, no, rods, yes!

hey where did you hear the b8 crank was forged? i know from reading on clubprotege.com the guys said there lighter, but i dont remember them saying it was forged or stonger. i think the guys liked it because of the lower rotational mass

Comment

all B-series cranks are forged

Comment

so if you stick the b8 crank in the bp it will rev faster? ive got an idea.... is it the same strenght as the bp? if not what do you think it can handle?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Yes the b8 crank will fit in a bp just fine. It is 8lbs lighter so it should spin quicker. I think someone on club protege said something about not reving the b8 crank over 7500rpm...
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

ok do you think the trade off of the lighter crank may be weaker vs the regular bp crank?

Comment

typicaly, less mass = less strength.

Comment

Working...
                      X