No announcement yet.

1.3 rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't boost our carbed cars, the carb won't take it and even the webber would need to be boxed before even attempting it.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

hello i have a 1998 festiva and im just wondering can i just stick a small turbo to it? i can get the parts pretty cheaply but dont want to put it and blow my engine without finding out what i will need to do to mt engine first???
      cheers
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        can't boost our carbed cars, the carb won't take it and even the webber would need to be boxed before even attempting it.

has someone tried boosting a carb'd festiva? we're only talking 5-7psi, i think it could take it easilly. if i had a carbed car sitting here, i'd have to try it just out of curiousity lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG-DAVE View Post
          hello i have a 1998 festiva and im just wondering can i just stick a small turbo to it? i can get the parts pretty cheaply but dont want to put it and blow my engine without finding out what i will need to do to mt engine first???
          cheers
          Dave
          Where you from Dave? Look at festymick's project if you're from down under.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by ruppenduro View Post
            has someone tried boosting a carb'd festiva? we're only talking 5-7psi, i think it could take it easilly. if i had a carbed car sitting here, i'd have to try it just out of curiousity lol.
            nope, can't do it with the stock carb. the carb wouldn't care how much boost you gave it, but the fuel pump would give up at 3 psi of boost and the carb still needs to be boxed(sealed) and with all the vac lines and emissions/fuel controls on it, it would be a nightmare a best.
            Last edited by FestYboy; 04-02-2009, 10:34 PM. Reason: spelling
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

ok, gotcha.

Comment

try a draw thru set up old vw beetle guys do it like that all the time

Comment

I would like to no that too

Comment

hi anomoly40 im actually from ireland, im just trying to get different ideas for my festy the standard parts are quite hard to find over here. is there any car that is very similar to the festy that you can basically do straight swaps over with little or no modification?
                    cheers
                    Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X