Intake airflow temperature sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake airflow temperature sensor

hey guyz, I've just brought a mod chip for my 93 festiva.
    Instruction says I need to find out my IAT sensor.
    Anybody got idea where it is?

Don't do it. That little resistor does not help your car.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Can u explain more, coz initially I just wanna try it. As it claims 100% reversible. If it goes nothing for my car, i'll just remove it

Comment

do we even HAVE an IAT? Queenie, it's a waste of money, that resistor just tricks your ECM into thinking it's -40* ouside and in turn raises the timing and fuel output (wasting fuel).
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I thought the IAT was part of the mass airflow sensor....
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I wanted to experiment with the error codes so I tried disconnected the iat sensor & there was a code 10 error which is the iat sensor. Once the error starts, you should connect the iat sensor back on and disconnect the battery and press the horn or the brake pedal to remove any ecu current, if you don't it will not reset. I tried it myself. Anyway, I tried connecting a 20k resistor instead the iat sensor and no codes at all, even with a 50k resistor in series with the 20k = 70k no error codes at all. So the iat mod works very well. Also, it increase the responsiveness of the engine, also revs smoother and even gets better mpg's.
              :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Comment

I put one of those chips on my IAT sensor and.................................it did NOTHING.

Just put a turbo and get some real hp.
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

What it will do in our cars, at least mine is to make the ignition timing more advanced across the rev range so, it will run more efficient and stronger at the upper rev range. It will not increase fuel as someone is saying, To increase the fuel you have to put a resistor on the ects (engine coolant temperature sensor), then it will run pig rich and will not start. I will never touch that sensor but the iat is a good mod. I never bought a chip but I found a 50k ohms resistor, disconnected the wire from the vaf and connected the resistor, one end going to the ecu and one end to the ground.
                  :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Comment

the sensor is that little white thing inside the VAF...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                    X