Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGT gauge to monitor the temperatures

Hi

I have a 1995 Kia Pride 1.3 efi with a b3 engine. I had installed an EGT gauge to monitor the temperatures. I put the sensor in the exhaust housing very close to the oxygen sensor. I noticed that the temperatures are very high. When cruising it gets around 500 deg Celsius. when I push it it gets to 700 and maybe more. Is it normal?

Any help please?

Thanks
    :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

mine will peak at 1200 deg but i cant remember if thats C or F... i think its F...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

ok i just checked and mine is f so i did some quick coverting on google and i came up with some numbers for you... just driving around mine will sit at about 750f to 900f and on the highway it will sit at about 1000f and will peak at about 1200f, then i back out but one time it got up to about 1280f... but thats the highes its even been... i coverted it to c and found out that 750f is about 400c and 900f is 482c... then 1000f is 537c and 1200f is about 650c... so it sounds like you are running a TINY bit hot but nothing to worry about... if you are running the stock maniflold this looks like good numbers cause its only a bit higher than mine and i have a full header on mine....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I solved my problem. It was the oxygen sensor. Was not working. I took it out and cleaned it. Was very hard to unscrew it. Now I tested it with a volt meter and it is working fine. The temperatures reduced significantly. Before, when cruising it was getting around 500 °C - 932 °F. Now it's 300 °C - 872 °F. Before when I push it, it gets to 700 °C - 1292 °F and maybe more. Now it's 500 °C - 932 °F.

Thanks for your help.
        :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Comment

Working...
        X