Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swap with AC - BP, B6T, or not possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap with AC - BP, B6T, or not possible?

So I've realized I just don't have time for all of my projects and aspirations.

I have two Festivas. I have a BP engine, and I have a 323GT.

The 323GT is a huge project because of rust repair. It's the project I like the idea of more, but it would be a very long term thing and I just can't justify starting a project like that right now.

So I've decided to part it out for the good of one of my Festiva projects - I'll probably sell the other Festiva and whichever engine I don't use.

I really want to have AC in my car. I know, I sound like a wuss for saying that, but I have a kidney problem and I have to be very careful of dehydration which can be a problem for me when driving around in a car with no AC sweating my butt off. I have to constantly be drinking water to avoid dehydration as it is.

So would it be more likely that I would be able to retain the AC on the BP or the B6T?

Or is AC a lost cause altogether when a swap in involved?

I could see the clearance around the front pulley being a problem in the BP but I could also see fitting an AC condenser and an intercooler being a problem in the B6T.

I have a decent Mitsubushi Starion FMIC that I was planning to use on the 323, so I think I could squeeze them all in. The 323 has working AC so I was hoping I could use it's compressor.

Any suggestions, thoughts, experiences?

Thanks!

-James-

I think AC has been retained on a B6T swap. I can't remember who did it though.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

The B6T is easier to retain the A/C, but if you clearance the frame rail you could easily retain A/C on a BP too. The only real problem with the B6T is the condenser and the intercooler fitment.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

If the Festiva is already equiped with AC, can you just drop it out of the way til you get the engine in place or are the hoses that are used not going to work?
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
          The B6T is easier to retain the A/C, but if you clearance the frame rail you could easily retain A/C on a BP too. The only real problem with the B6T is the condenser and the intercooler fitment.
          That's why i haven't looked into an A/C set-up for my car, the intercooler would definately be in the way

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

^^Actually your car is probably a good canidate for A/C.
            Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

I don't know if i would have enough room for the A/C condenser, it's already a tight fit between the rad and turbo

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

The condenser goes in front of the radiator. Where is your fan mounted?
                Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Here is a picture of how everything is situated, my camera died so i didn't get to take more pics

The rad is pretty much up against the grille but maybe once i get around to installing the slimmer fan i got from Jim it may free up some room

Comment

Working...
                  X