aspire b3 into festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspire b3 into festiva

hello,i need help.i have a 1990 fi ford festiva ,bad engine.donor engine is 1997 fi aspire.what parts do i need to take from the aspire,to make this swap work?i know the distributors are different,with aspire having build in coil.would i need the ecm,harness from aspire?thank you.

Basically all you would really want to swap over is the long block. Use the Festiva distributor. IDK if you could use the Aspire ECM, but the Festy one would obviously work. Others here with more knowledge might come up with some other little detail about this kind of swap.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

no just put your festiva intake manifold on the aspire motor then your good to go i did the same thing to my white festiva

Comment

Originally posted by 187festiva View Post
        no just put your festiva intake manifold on the aspire motor then your good to go i did the same thing to my white festiva
        hello friend,did you also use the festiva distributor,the one from the 97 aspire has the build in coil tower/not the same.thank you for your help,the folks on this forum are great.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Basically all you would really want to swap over is the long block. Use the Festiva distributor. IDK if you could use the Aspire ECM, but the Festy one would obviously work. Others here with more knowledge might come up with some other little detail about this kind of swap.
          thanks for your help TominMO

Comment

the festiva one the only thing you need from the aspire is the motor/head put the festiva intake mani on it and the dizzy

Comment

thanks 187 festiva,am on my way.have a great day.

Comment

The 97 is OBD-II.

I think you would have to swap every electronic piece over.

It'd be kinda cool to have a festy with full OBD-II electronics and stuff I think.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

right but if he swaps the intake mani,dizzy,throtle body ect from the festy to the aspire motor then its the same as a obd 1 festiva motor. the block and heads are the same its just the induction and electronics that differ but when he swaps the original stuff onto the aspire motoer its the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X