Performance Speed Chip Fuel Saver???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Speed Chip Fuel Saver???

So I was just scoping around on eBay looking at what Festiva parts they have and I ran across this little item...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFO...=p4506.c0.m245
    Am I the only one who feels like this is a total scam?
    Also, if anyone has ever bought one, please let me know if it actually worked.

60 hp, 50 ft/lb? And you are not sure if it is a scam? lol
    I've heard that those "chips" are just a 5 cent resistance and that it will not do anything. A while back I had an ECU reflash on my S4 by GIAC. It raised the hp from 250 to 300. That's in a turbo engine. The price with the program controller and the 3 programs (stock, pump, race) was well over $500.
    On a N/A engine you won't see an hp increase nowhere close with just a chip/reflash.
    Yes, it's a scam. Don't buy it.
    Oscar

Comment

I did this in high school as a project for auto class.. My teacher made us make a resistor to put into the motor on this truck and what it did is made the truck think that it was cold air coming into the motor at all times so the comp. tells the engine to put more fuel thus raising the amount of fuel being delievered to the engine at different speeds. It works but in theory it should make you gas mileage go down and you could make one and do it yourself im pretty sure they plug into your MAF..At least thats what we did on this truck.. Its a scam!
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Yeah, look at the claims, look at the price. If it sounds too good to be true...
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I basically knew that it was fake but I just wanted to make check lol.

Comment

ya and most chips that work good are in the hundreds of doll hairs not $9.99
            1990 Festiva L sport 26.5k miles
            snow drifting machine
            sunpro supertach II, racing pedals, new deck, air horn
            blue neon

Comment

Originally posted by wf_festiva View Post
              ya and most chips that work good are in the hundreds of doll hairs not $9.99
              Exactly; if it was a good product it would cost a lot more; and maybe be incorporated into the design by all of the vehicle manufacturers. I can't imagine why they would pass up an opportunity to easily and cheaply add a little part that could do what this claims to.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have 2 of them in mine. The car now has over 180 HP and gets 75 MPG.
                Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
                  I have 2 of them in mine. The car now has over 180 HP and gets 75 MPG.
                  OMG I'm gonna go out and buy THREE!

Disaster preparedness

Comment

screw a turbo i just ordered a dozen to put on mine......
                    -Greg
                    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09
                    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Dont' forget to buy the turbo whistler that goes in the exhaust!!
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

^ oh yeah I almost forgot!! ..........and one of those nos bottle lookin subs!!
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

For all of that work you could of just bought an S sticker. Means sport and is way faster!
                          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

^ could also mean slow or stupid
                            Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
                              Dont' forget to buy the turbo whistler that goes in the exhaust!!
                              ^ If you get that, you have to add one of those magnetic fuel conditioning thingies too. Otherwise, when the burnt fuel molecules come down the pipe, they'll be out of alignment and will just crash into the turbo whistler and wear out your muffler bearings in no time.
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                              X