emissions test-b3 vs b6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emissions test-b3 vs b6

Will my Festiva fail emissions (in Georgia) miserably once I swap in a b6? If I can't pass the test, I can't get a tag. Anyone have a suggestion? Maybe two catalytic converters? Whats your experience?

Thanks!

Sean
    '89 L! -shaved, lowered, 17's, and two 10"subs. B6swap. Candy tangerine, flamed, painted carbon look hood/stripes. AND the roof glows in the dark... That was a dumb idea.

You shouldn't have any problems passing the emissions test with the B6.

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

well you could get to cat converters have a bolt on pipe to replace one once the test is done

:idea:
      :angel12:-Santos
      I Officially Hate Spelling Cow v1.6.0

Comment

But seriously, the difference should still be within the stock allowable limits of the B3's emissions where it shouldn't be a problem unless you live in California... -Kyle
        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Make sure your B6 is as tuned up as you can get it and perhaps get a new cat.

Oh yeah, hang a new air freshener off your rearview mirror, too! It can't hurt!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

oh yeah, absolutely. One of those pine tree fresheners. They're "environmental", you see.
            '89 L! -shaved, lowered, 17's, and two 10"subs. B6swap. Candy tangerine, flamed, painted carbon look hood/stripes. AND the roof glows in the dark... That was a dumb idea.

Comment

what caused it to fail?

What levels did your car read and what are the limits.
              93 festiva
              the only car I have ever own with no mods.

Comment

Working...
              X