Carb to Fuel Injection conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb to Fuel Injection conversion

So I've been searching the site, but to no avail. I'm trying to find a write-up or any information on converting a carbed Festiva over to fuel injection. Can anyone help me here? I'm about to buy a carbie and would like to swap over the fuel injection system from a later year car. I need to know what parts I will need and the process I need to take.

The parts I think I need:

-Intake Manifold
    -Throttle Body
    -Fuel Rail
    -Fuel Injectors
    -That part of the wiring harness
    -Computer??

I know I'm probably missing a lot of this here, so any help you can put out there or any write-ups that I'm missing, post em up!
    -Caleb
    Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
    So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

there s some info on this... im in the middle of doing this swap.
    u will need:
    efi tank and hoses
    ecu off a efi car
    complet efi wiring harness
    and the efi intake(complete)
    93L sold. First FESTY!
    91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
    91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
    89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
    93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
    89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
    93GL Sold Too Soon!
    91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
      here's what I did.

1/ find donor EFI car, remove entire wiring harness, ECU, coil and bracket, VAF and brackets, column switchgear, and fuel tank (including access cover) and inertia switch
      2/ remove entire wiring harness from carb car (requires removal of dash and interior panels
      3/ remove carb intake and distributor, coil, fuel filter, solenoids, fuel tank
      4/ install EFI intake and distributor, EFI tank, intertia switch, coil, fuel filter, VAF, switchgear, harnesses and ECU
      5/ finish reassembly and enjoy.

you can retain manual seatbelts easily. Just do not swap over the Passive Restraint module under the driver's seat. Leave the connector loose, or cut off.

The wire harness to the dome lamp will require cutting off the connector, and splicing on the connector for the EFI car dome lamp/Passive Restraints switches. You will only use two wires for the lamp, just cut off the other wires.
      from
      93L sold. First FESTY!
      93GL Sold Too Soon!

Comment

I've got the complete harness from a 1993 w/auto if you need it just PM me

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

(greg) eurotiva has a efi motor i think he might sell you all the stuff you need..

Comment

You dont need to switch the tank.. Its pretty easy best bet is to have another car to take parts from though becuase you need basically everything from the engine bay of the donor car.. Add fuel lines fuel pump and filter and ride..
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

electric fuel pump mounted to fire wall?
              i was thinking that might work, plus it would be less work.
              93L sold. First FESTY!
              93GL Sold Too Soon!

Comment

It will work. Caleb you need alot !! I have most of the stuff but it's best to buy a whole car.....It'd be worth saving some paychecks and getting an efi...........that runs............and hasn't been sitting for years.....................and has unkown problems, that when fixed will uncover other problems.............Wandalis from orlando has his on CL. There's another 1 that just popped up today on ther too. Sorry man just my .02.........And I've only owned 7 festivas.?!
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

lol, thanks for the input Greg. After reading everybody's replies here, I would probably just keep it a carbie and use the shell down the line if I wind up getting it.
                  -Caleb
                  So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

man....keep it carbed....you always have the option to change to a differant carb and bring it alive....but a well running carbed Festy can be fun too. Brian has one that runs like a top.
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It wouldn't be worth it to swap this car over, but at the same time, like you're saying, the carbie could be fun. I already have evil thoughts running through my head lol
                      -Caleb

Comment

yup...there are the webbers and the dual carb set ups.....could be loads of fun
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

my white festiva is carbed, i need to put something better on it cause its pretty slow

Comment

i wanted to do a ITB setup on a FI b3, but for around the same amount of work, could one not just do a IC (individual carb) setup?
                            -Caleb

Comment

i'd love mine as a carb if it was running right, or i knew how to get that bowl of vaccu-spaghetti to work right. I have the holly-weber sitting on my workbench, waiting to make/buy an adapter. car won't idle right, goes dead anytime i do engine braking, half the time when i dont, like stopsigns, etc, surges when i crank up (3500rpm) and junk like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X