questions on dual exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

=D

Why don't you quit messing around and get that BP+T built Ty?
    -Caleb
    Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
    So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

I bought BP26 gtx pistons & rods, gtx intake, and Saab Garrett T3 turbo so far. Spent $330 so far. $4000 more to go, Yay for Turbo builds! I wish I had more money, I would have it done already.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Word. I hope that all goes well.
        -Caleb
        So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

i already did a turbo set up on a egt. we got a custom turbo header and the turbo is a
          t3/t4 hybrid and using a safc to tune it and it has no exhasut just right off the turbo. 12 second egt should be lol we haven't taken it down the track but the guy that did it before same setup and his is runnign 12's

Comment

also i don't want to go turbo i want to make as much as i can staying in my budget and stay n/a see what it will do. it's going to be in a festiva so no matter what it's going to be fast!

Comment

What is your budget, if you dont mind me asking? Maybe we can help you figure out the most bang for your buck.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

well like 800 to 1,000 max really trying to get good but not super exspensive. i know its really low but i can do bits at a time

Comment

Then the ExhIntake mod is for you! Cheap and awesome!
                  -Caleb

Comment

yeah but i heard that i will have to have to dyno tune it after and not muce hp gain and still it would have unstable ignition timing.

Comment

You don't have to dyno tune it, but it does help.

What you need to do is get an adjustable cam gear (just one) for the new cam. It gets installed flipped long ways from the original installation and advanced 45 cam degrees. You then retard the crank 8 degrees.

Dyno tuning is just for tuning in the timing for optimal performance. The above setup is pretty good though. For what you'll pay at the junkyard for a cam (and possibly find an adjustable cam gear), I think it's completely worth it.
                      -Caleb

Comment

i don't know....really i would love to do it, but i don't want to have to take it to a shop to have it machined and pay out the but jsut to have a hole drilled and taped. i am buying a rebuild kit for it for a little over 300 with new .020 pistons. but i might not cam it till i have more money and get them from corksport.com but i really don't want to pay so much but if i want it to run good and have good power i may have to.

Comment

That's entirely up to you, but you may check over on miata.net and clubroadster.net and see if anyone is selling or has a already modified cam. Just something to think about.
                          -Caleb

Comment

yeah i never thought of that il do that thanks alot man il let you guys know.

Comment

No problem. The Miata guys are really stand up people too, although you'll find the younger rougher crowd at clubroadster more, they're still nice. miata.net is really straightforward and full of information.
                              -Caleb

Comment

ok i hope they can help me jsut as much as you guys did

Comment

Working...
                                X