No announcement yet.

newbie here, i need performance info...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie here, i need performance info...

who makes an carb. set up for the 89 l festiva,..does webber, solex, or holley make any?..i already know about headers, and exhaust. and how about a cam if any?.......heres my story ,ive had this 89 festiva hanging around my house about a year now. im tired of looking at it. im fixing another one(91 modle) for a friend.soon asd i get the funds from that sale, im thinking of racing the 89, it runs pretty good, but not good enough for a show down,...so please acn any one help,...black89...
    make it go faster...

I was searching through some old stuff yesterday on the board and found somebody's festiva with a Chevy Vega carb. maybe search for "Vega"? It was a really cool setup. I'm not sure if anything had to be custom-fabbed, but it would be worth it to get rid of all the vacuum lines. I hate how much they cover up the motor. I haven't heard of a bigger, badder bolt-on carb, though.
    '89 L! -shaved, lowered, 17's, and two 10"subs. B6swap. Candy tangerine, flamed, painted carbon look hood/stripes. AND the roof glows in the dark... That was a dumb idea.

Comment

I know of 1 carb on e-bay, other than that I've been told to go with a throttle body for fuel inject. Maybe there is an adapter plate that would go between the the carb and intake. If you have the patience, you can make one from a pc of billet aluminum with the help of a good drill press.
      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X