need help on a different mazda engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on a different mazda engine swap

i just got a ride in a freinds 1989 turbo probe with the 2.2 sohc mazda motor in it, it is completely stock on 8 lbs of boost, and it has no trouble lighting tires from a 20 roll in 2nd, then i got to thinking.. is it possible to "easily' (easier than converting to rwd i guess) to swap in the 2.2 turbo probe motor? will anything bolt up? this car moved and its heavy compared to a festy.. what do you guys think? what about wiring, mounts. so on a so forth... let me know thanks- corey
    god intended the festiva to be a rwd turbo 2.3 monster.. ummm.....boooooooost------->

i think everybody will say

'hey why bother with an big heavy F-family 2.2l 8 valve engine when you can go a smaller B-Family 1.8 and much lighter 1.8l 16 valve that give similar power and will bolt into the stock transmission' :shock:

Now in effort not to fall into that category I'll say the F-Family engine would need the gearbox for start.

Secondly i would say get the head off the Naturally aspirated 2.0l F-family engine and put it on the turbo block... new exhaust manifold and a set of camshafts to match the turbo profile and slowly you have an engine that could rival the 1.8l BPT (the extra 400cc eventually goes somewhere...) In fact the BPT cam profile is prob a good basis for the custom DOHC cam. ( although taking the SOHC profile and splitting it would be good too)
    :angel12:-Santos
    I Officially Hate Spelling Cow v1.6.0

Comment

Working...
    X