Ground wires!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground wires!

Anybody else put heavier wires on? I put a couple on yesterday after the tuneup. A 2 gauge from the battery to the driver strut and a 4 gauge from the passenger side of the block to the stock ground wire mounting point. The latter shocked me not once but twice (strong enough for me to jump)! Really should of unhooked the battery. Did the tuneup so probably never know how much it helped...I find it odd that last ground wire shocked me maybe the stock wire was no longer doing its job? I had the wire so it only cost me $2.99 for the ends so it didn't cost me much. I didn't do a before test but after the 5 year old battery was putting out 13.5+ volts after.. tested the Escape's 1.5 year old battery and it only put out 12.5. Going to slap some on it and do some testing.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

I did something similar on my car, but it's because my battery is in the back.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

im working on putting a HD ground strap on my car... mostly because i like the look of the heavier wire and now im running a sub and the new motor (bp) im thinking will take more power to turn over... im sure the stock one will do but what ever...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
      X