blank canvas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blank canvas

ok the austiva is a 92, 1.3L carb and stock as a rock, what performance mods would you guys look at doin to it, i dont want to go to much cause i might only be keeping it for another 6 months

Tune up, take out the back seat, put more air in the tyres, and lose some weight yourself if you are like me.

Results: more power to weight ratio, less rolling resistance, and better fuel economy. Also, cost: zero to maybe thirty dollars.

All gain no pain. Unless you have to haul more than one other person!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

its due for a tune up and a 10 000km service, already running 33PSI in all 4 wheels, need the back seat for work and i'm not a fan of excercise

but theres gotta be somthing i can do to it, an engin swap is out of the question

Comment

Originally posted by OZ FMX
        its due for a tune up and a 10 000km service, already running 33PSI in all 4 wheels, need the back seat for work and i'm not a fan of excercise

but theres gotta be somthing i can do to it, an engin swap is out of the question
        could throw some fuel treatment in next time you fill up.

Comment

i already run shell 100 which is 102 octane, i get it cheap cause i have a motorcross race licence

Comment

If you don't plan on keeping the car more than 6 months then don't waste your time. The Festiva with the B3 isn't a very good car as far as performance. Sure you can pull more out of it, but aside from serious engine work and/or swapping, it's not like there's any quick fix plug-n-play thing that's going to give you a big boost.

If someone else knows of something go ahead and post it, but as far as I know, if you don't want to put time, money, blood, sweat and tears into the car then don't bother.

Comment

Andrew's right. Aside from maximizing what you have with good service and tune up parts, there's not much you can do that would amount to much.

Closest thing I could think of would be a cold air intake and an engine ground wire setup. Those may or may not even be felt, but they wouldn't cost too much and they shouldn't hurt.

If you're not keeping the car for long, it simply doesn't make any sense to put in much work anyway, unless you're just looking for practice.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

cheers for the imput at the moment the little 1.3 pulls my bikes to the track with out to much trouble but i'm looking at it from both sides of the fence
                its an awsome car on fuel and it gets me around the city easy but if i do keep it i'm gunna be spending a few grand on it eg. body kit, respray, new interior ect....and show it cause over here no one does them, but if i dont keep it i'll be getting a ute so its a bigger car, chews more fuel but looks sweet as a mini truck but now their to common

Comment

That's different then. Stick with it, if you're going to put a few thousand into it, you'll get further with a small car you already have than getting a bigger (and, more expensive) car and starting at zero.

Drop a B6T in there, get a bodykit, tint the windows, do the Aspire brake swap, put some fancy rims on it, there's loads of relatively simple things that plenty of people here have tried and are currently running happily on as well as numerous other things.

I have an Aspire, as far as I know, it's the only one out there with HID headlights and Sirius satellite radio. But I've also got tinted glass and a sunroof, which I see on Aspires at the junk yard and driven by little old ladies, and I have 15" wheels, and my airbox is modified to take a K&N filter.

I'm no mechanic, I was scared like crap thinking I was going to break something when I was replacing my cluster with one with a tach. I had professionals install the wheels (and tires, but I dont see how I could have done that myself), window tint and sunroof, but the rest of it I did myself. A lot of car "mods" are really simple to do. Some are very difficult. Once you decide where you want your money spent, you will have to beat the people who want to help you off with a stick!

Comment

for me the bigest thing was my bikes and getting them around, the festiva is looking at getting an ATH body kit and hood, respray and serious tint

i'm not worried about doin mods my self its just over here their realy strict on what can be done to cars and every year we have to have our cars rego checked if they dont pass then your car cant get registered untill its fixed or changed

Comment

Working...
                    X