Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 Ford Festiva 1.3L carb shot...options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Ford Festiva 1.3L carb shot...options?

hello, my friend has a 1989 festiva that we swapped the engine out of his other '88 festiva, the '89 had a blown motor with 299,600 miles on it but a perfect body, the '88 the body was shot and the motor ran great. the only problem is the engine has a stumble when warm. i sprayed carb cleaner around the carb at idle and it was fluctuating, i think the emission garbage and throtte shafts are leaking bad. is there any carb out there that DOES NOT have any emission junk and fits a festiva?? i saw a thread with a weber carb, is there an adaptor for that? the car runs awsome other than the stupid emission stuff jamming up the works.

thanks
    -Jon

anyone? I'm sure people ditched the stock piece of excrement.

-Jon
    Last edited by Pu241; 03-31-2010, 03:34 PM. Reason: Language

Comment

watch the language, please edit your post before its too late.

is the carb on the bad motor good?

also, add your location to your "Edit your details' in the user CP, if other members are near they might be able to help you.

welcome to the forum!:-)
      Last edited by MTec007; 03-31-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

hrmm... didn't think the language would be a problem.sorry... the bad motor was already in pieces when we got the donor car. i'm in northeast PA, 15 minutes north of scranton.

thanks
        -Jon

Comment

Check my post here:

BTW I am about 10 miles North of Williamsport, PA.
          You gonna race that thing?
          http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Cool thanks ill have to see what I can find.

-Jon

Comment

i have a good used one with good sensors if u want the carb u just need to redo the choke and buy a gasket set i have 1 others in my garage that are like bran new for the 88 that i got at a junk yard last week
              FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Working...
              X