No announcement yet.

B6 100wheel/hp N/A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well that just poos on that idea as far as the cam is concerned. I am picking up a Kia Sephia 94 1.6l. Guess that wont work than unless I swap to the earlier head. I am gonna be running fuel injection also which might make it a little funner for fuel.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

^ you should be able to run a miata cam set if it's DOHC.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Its not its SOHC. According to everything i have seen it should be 8 valve too. I just have to go to the junkyard and look at it when I get a chance. According to everything I have see it didnt go to 16valve until 95.5 which I think is still a SOHC.

Comment

then why can't you run the FMS comp cam?

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Well I just looked at some more supporting info. The intake and exhaust valves on the Sephia are the same as the valves on the 89 323. All should be good and I will deffinately have to try the cam once I go get the engine. Im kind of getting excited about this now lol.

I see no reason why it shouldnt work other than what was stated before that the cam will only work in the early B6 engines. Guess I will have to see.

Comment

"early" refers to all 8v SOHC heads

Comment

Sweetness well once I get my suburban sold I can go pick up my engines and maybe order a cam or 2 and see what happens.

Comment

I would find a miata DOHC , Stock and 7000 RPM , I like mine...
                  Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

^ or one from a mx3 or n/a capri
                    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by Roboskittle View Post
                      Well I just looked at some more supporting info. The intake and exhaust valves on the Sephia are the same as the valves on the 89 323. All should be good and I will deffinately have to try the cam once I go get the engine. Im kind of getting excited about this now lol.

I see no reason why it shouldnt work other than what was stated before that the cam will only work in the early B6 engines. Guess I will have to see.
                      Don't forget to pick up the ecm and harness, I want to say (if you're a manual) this will be a
                      B61K (2 plug). It's important. Yes it will run on a b3 ecm but the correct ecm really makes it come alive.
                      Do this in stages too, so you can see the improvements as you upgrade.
                      1st run the b6 on the b3 ecm, then with the b6 ecm, then finally with the cam. You'll dig it.
                      Last edited by iceracerdude; 04-23-2010, 09:07 PM.
                      97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                      CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                      Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                        ^ or one from a mx3 or n/a capri
                        what do the n/a capri's put out?

Comment

from wiki...
                          Two versions were offered for all model years: base and XR2. The base model featured a Mazda 1.6L DOHC 4-cylinder rated at 100 hp. The XR2 featured a turbocharged version of 1.6L engine rated at 132 hp. Both the base model and the XR2 had a 5-speed manual transmission standard; a 4-speed automatic was optional only for the base model.

But then when looked up in the Mazda B-engines article...

B6-2E

1,597 cc (1.597 L; 97.5 cu in) B6-2E - (78x83.6 mm), also known as B6-ME - This was a variant of the B6-E with a 16-valve cylinder head. It is found in the 1991-1994 Mercury Capri, 1992-1994 California-spec Mazda 323 and 1992-1993 Mazda MX-3. The B6-ME produced 88 hp (66 kW) and 96 ft·lbf (130 N·m).

WTF and this...

B6D

Mazda B6D, 3rd generation
                          1,597 cc (1.597 L; 97.5 cu in) B6D - (78x83.6 mm) - The same strengthened and fuel-injected 16-valve DOHC B6 but with higher compression, no turbo, and the first Mazda engine to feature VICS (Variable Inertia Charge System). Most commonly found in the 1985-1988 Japanese market Familias, Etudes and Lasers, this engine was updated in 1989 with revised compression, heads and intake system (in a similar vein to the B5 DOHC) for the 1989-1991 Familia and Laser, then further refined for the 1991-1994 Mercury Capri and 1994-1996 2nd Generation Mazda MX-3 RS. The third generation B6D features an alloy cam cover, a VLIM (VICS) intake, had a 9:1 compression ratio and produced 107 hp (79 kW)
                          Last edited by resuwrecked; 04-23-2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

i have a set of .30 over pistons for 1.3 if your interested...

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                              B6-2E

1,597 cc (1.597 L; 97.5 cu in) B6-2E - (78x83.6 mm), also known as B6-ME - This was a variant of the B6-E with a 16-valve cylinder head. It is found in the 1991-1994 Mercury Capri, 1992-1994 California-spec Mazda 323 and 1992-1993 Mazda MX-3. The B6-ME produced 88 hp (66 kW) and 96 ft·lbf (130 N·m).
                              I don't think that's right...I've never seen/heard of the 16V SOHC (B6ME) in a Capri. I think they were either B6D or B6T.
                              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I've always seen N/A Capris as having the 100hp DOHC B6. Never heard of them having VICS either.

Some of that is evidently referring to the Japanese domestic cars.

Karl
                                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                                X