Stock Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Motor

Hey right now i have a stock 93 Festiva, i have plans down the road to do a motor swap to it,i currently have to many projects on the for to do it right now but for now i am wondering what i can to get some more power? not looking for crazy power, just enough to have some fun let me know thanks

I think Monsoon could help you!

Or you might want to spend sometime here:

'93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

like how much of a gain do you want? 30%/60%/100% more than stock?

Also add you location to your profile, someone nearby might have one you could try & see if that suits your needs.
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by skate1678 View Post
        Hey right now i have a stock 93 Festiva, i have plans down the road to do a motor swap to it,i currently have to many projects on the for to do it right now but for now i am wondering what i can to get some more power? not looking for crazy power, just enough to have some fun let me know thanks
        Easy and free:
        1. Drill about two dozen holes in the bottom airbox piece. Better breathing at higher RPM.
        2. Advance the timing to say 10 degrees BTDC (stock is eight) and use premium gas.

Edit: OK, not so free if you hafta use premium; about 10% more expensive. But about 10% more HP too, so take your pick. But the hole drilling is something I do on every car, and it does not affect MPG if you drive economically.
        Last edited by TominMO; 05-03-2010, 08:45 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
          I think Monsoon could help you!
          Also learning to use this...

Will help a great deal.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
          X