Nology opinions.. B3 ecu on B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nology opinions.. B3 ecu on B6

With the B3 ecu running too rich, this came across my computer when researching..

http://www.nology.com/info/NolCat09060.pdf (1meg)

Has anyone tried their stuff?

If the B3 runs rich on the B6, assuming the wires do what they say, would this not burn all the fuel in the cylinders thus giving better performance??

I have a B6 ecu, but was just wondering what you guys thought.. snakeoil??

Really, Nology has been around a while. If I said it was crap 10 ppl would probably swear by it. So all I will say is, take the money they want for there wires and buy a MSD 6AL or 6A or Mallory Hy-fire. Its a proven and respected product that will show better returns. Also you may want to consider a FPR and Gauge, if your rich over the entire fuel map you can tone it down with a FPR.

Comment

Nology wires are a crude form of capacitance-discharge circuitry heat-shrinked right to the wire. Do like EVO said and get an MSD or Mallory unit.
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

How much do our cars benefit from a hipo ignition? I remember that several places recommended that '81 Civics greatly benefitted from a better coil. What about Festivas, and what would be the most cost effective product to use? Especially for a B6.

Anyone want to guess or has already done it?

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
        X