Submersible Festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submersible Festy

Besides moving the intake and exhaust out the top of the car and waterproofing the ECU, what would I need to do if I wanted to convert a festiva into a marine vehicle?
    GT

Drive it in to the lake duhhh.

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot, dumbest post ever.

Comment

lol, I'm serious. We've got some flooding problems in my neck of the woods, and I think it would be great if I could outswim all those guys in their Jeeps and H2s.
        GT

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA I LOVE IT!1
          My Mods/Pics
          MY VIDEO

Comment

Festivas do go better through water in reverse....
            88 Smaller Hauler

Comment

:wink:
              http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

That's easy, you want something waterproof? Seale everything, I'll try to do a submarine with a Festy. With all those big glasses it could be cool. :wink:
                Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

Seal the distributer so no water can get in. This right here is a momentous task in itself. Seal the timing cover so no water gets in there to jump the belt. Seal the alternator and the battery so they can still create power and not arc or short circuit. Aspire struts and springs so you sit higher off the ground. Aggressive snow tires so you can sling mud and water all over the place while you are in the water, this might help so you can move.
                  The Festiva Store
                  Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

If you don't have anything useful to add to the post, don't.

Simon
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

How about some kinda flotation device.... out riggers you could attach and remove at will. Then all you'd have to get is a small outboard, and rig some kind of steering. Hmmm... that would be pretty fun to try! You definitely be on the local news!!

Comment

lol, letting the car float would be kind of dangerous. I think a car as small as a festiva that could drive through 4 feet of water would be funny as shit though. I was already considering the "popular" truck conversion in my next festiva. I figured why not spend a few more hundred bucks to allow it to do things that'll make those hummers cry.
                        GT

Comment

Working...
                        X