I have a Kia Pride, basically same as the Festiva. I wish to make it faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Kia Pride, basically same as the Festiva. I wish to make it faster

I have a Kia Pride, basically same as the Festiva. I wish to make it faster but don't want to spend a lot of money, because the car is not worth it. My 0-60mph is 12s. Recently the engine had a rebuild because it was consuming a lot of oil from cylinder 4. It has a new piston (cyl no: 4), new head gasket also new intake and exhaust gaskets, grinded valves, cleaned the head, new valve oil seals. Other mods are cone filter, ram air from the bumper made of fiberglass like a big funnel to the cone filter. Fuel pressure regulator. Increased 0.25 bar fuel pressure because the stock was 2.85 bar. Now the total pressure is 3.10 bar. Made a difference in performance because before, it was missing after 4000 rpm, New original spark plug wires, Removed the rear muffler & replaced it with a straight pipe. Also the exhaust tubing is 1.38" I think the previous owner reduced the tubing diameter. And an oil catch can. What should be done more to make more power?
    Last edited by lancerevo; 06-23-2010, 07:52 AM.
    :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

engine swap or turbo.
    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

but to go for a turbo needs a lot of parts, I have a td04-09 turbo, a rrfpr (fmu). I need bigger injectors, a control box to reduce ignition timing with boost. i need an intercooler. and most expensive the labour to fit everything.
      :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Comment

^ well technically you dont need an intercooler, its just there to increase the efficiency of the turbo.

Find your self a mazda 323 from 1987-1995ish. You can use that motor in the pride.

A catch can really isnt a performance modification.

Yes if you have someone else do it, modifications will cost you. Thats why almost everyone on here does there own work. Its a real simple car to work on if its your first time wrenching.
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by lancerevo View Post
          I have a Kia Pride, basically same as the Festiva. I wish to make it faster but don't want to spend a lot of money, because the car is not worth it. My 0-60mph is 12s. Recently the engine had a rebuild because it was consuming a lot of oil from cylinder 4. It has a new piston (cyl no: 4), new head gasket also new intake and exhaust gaskets, grinded valves, cleaned the head, new valve oil seals. Other mods are cone filter, ram air from the bumper made of fiberglass like a big funnel to the cone filter. Fuel pressure regulator. Increased 0.25 bar fuel pressure because the stock was 2.85 bar. Now the total pressure is 3.10 bar. Made a difference in performance because before, it was missing after 4000 rpm, New original spark plug wires, Removed the rear muffler & replaced it with a straight pipe. Also the exhaust tubing is 1.38" I think the previous owner reduced the tubing diameter. And an oil catch can. What should be done more to make more power?
          advance the timing,a good CAI (not a cone on the stock rubber tube) and good free flowing exhaust 1.75-2" diameter,indexed plugs and good wires

I done this on a stock worn out B3 and it really picks it up
          1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

Working...
          X