Installing an adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing an adjustable fuel pressure regulator

I bought an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I don't want to remove the stock fpr. I want to install it after the stock fpr. Will it increase pressure? I think the stock will be 41psi and I will increase it to 50psi so i will add 9 psi more with the adjustable fpr.
    :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

I don't think that will work as the first regulator will bleed off any pressure over 41 psi and the second regulator will probably never see 41 or for that matter 50 psi. The only pressure the second regulator will see is what gets past the first one. Why not replace the regulator or use an FMU?
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

I will give it 9 psi on the second reg - so it will be 50 psi total. The fmu is for turbo. Mine is not.

Comment

I'd just replace the stocker, but that's me.
        1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
        1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
        2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

I don't think you'll get too much (anything) out of 9psi but less mpg. Did you raise your compression or advance your timing a lot? Cam? Why do you want extra fuel pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
            I don't think you'll get too much (anything) out of 9psi but less mpg. Did you raise your compression or advance your timing a lot? Cam? Why do you want extra fuel pressure?
            It was Lean after 4000rpm. now with 50psi it's revving freely to 6500rpm never hesitate to rev while in gears.

Comment

Working...
            X