Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much hp can the stock purple injectors on a b3 engine squeeze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much hp can the stock purple injectors on a b3 engine squeeze?

How much hp can the stock purple injectors on a b3 engine squeeze?
    :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

18, maybe 19hp.

They should be a 19 lb/hr injector, IIRC, so a set could support roughly 150whp.
    1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
    1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
    2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

4x19= roughly 100 hp? Am I wrong in this?

Comment

cant edit post... ugh... I will post the correct answer later... I was brainstorming and hit enter.. ugh..

Comment

Well, here is my 2¢..

Considering that most injectors only have a 80% duty cycle, and brake specific fuel consumption ( B.S.F.C. ) is .45-.50 for most N/A vehicles... so this means for each hp a engine produces it will use half a pound of fuel...
          I am not positive what the psi in the fuel rail is but I am going to guess at 40 psi...

So if my math is right... 19 #'s for 4 cylinders at .50 BSFC and 80% DC, should be right around 120 Bhp.

That being said, if you account for 12-15% drivetrain loss, I am thinking that my original answer was not to far off... Someone help me out here... Does this sound right?

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

Once, I have read that the purple injectors flow 120 cc/min only which is 11.43 lbs/hr. So which one is true? 11 lbs/hr or 19 lbs/hr?

:festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Comment

I didn't find any information that they flowed 19, I just took the information that he supplied... I have an old injector chart... but I was unable to locate any Ford Seimens Deca Injectors that were purple.. ( doesn't mean they didn't exist ) I just didn't have them on my list... but a 12 # would greatly change that number, and would be more what I would tend to believe Ford supplied for these engines...

Comment

Originally posted by smokeshow View Post
                  I just didn't have them on my list... but a 12 # would greatly change that number, and would be more what I would tend to believe Ford supplied for these engines...

By ford you mean mazda right? As in nippon denso injectors...

It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I blew chunks out of two pistons by running lean on a sohc b6 with the stock festiva injectors and ecu. That may or may not be the injectors, but in my mind it's not worth the risk.
                    OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                      By ford you mean mazda right? As in nippon denso injectors...

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...=injector+size
                      That would be why I didn't find them... LOL.. I was looking for Ford Seimens Deca.. and they are Mazda Nippon Denso.. I got to get used to this conversion/change from Ford to Mazda parts..

Comment

Working...
                      X