No announcement yet.

b3 turbo?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woa ice racer dude do you have meth injection somewhere? or do you just put it in the tank? how do you run it?

Comment

I've got a "CoolingMist Vari-Cool II" system in the car. It injects the water/meth mixture by way of a digital controller. http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmai...?pid=Vc2stage2

Here's pics of it:
      This is the controller, it comes on at a predetermined boost level in my case (but you have the option to trigger it other ways as well) This controls when/how it comes on, then how much initial flow (say to start small), then how much flow all the way to max flow...and all when you decide.

Under hood 1 1/2 quart tank and pump below it. (the gallon trunk tank option is nice...if you have a trunk)

The 150 psi pump

The nozzle into the charge pipe with a check valve a little farther down the line.

On another note, check out my "breather tube" from the top of the vc next to my charge pipe. By using that "Krankvent" in my system, I don't even need a catch can! Oh yeah, the end of the tube is a little damp right now lol.
      Last edited by iceracerdude; 08-15-2010, 11:20 AM.
      97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
      CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
      Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
        junkyardturbos.com

You'll have to make a manifold. Or go rear turbo and not have to worry about a manifold and space. 12:1 fmu, and an extra in-line fuel pump. Stock motor will handle 8 lbs if the fuel is added and timing is retarted. <and is healthy
        im sorry but i disagree. i can name a handful of turbos that will destroy that motor at 8psi. a combination of cfm/psi/cooling with let that motor survive.

that said, i dont know anything about the b3 so i cant give any real advice on turbo application. your best bet is to buy a daily driver, then start small with this car and slowly work your way up till it blows.

Comment

Use a 9B or 13G if you're looking into the Mitsubishi world of turbochargers. AKA 3000GT VR-4 (Get one of the two turbos) or Mirage Turbo (4G61T 1989) for 9B or automatic Eclipse/Talon/Lasers for 13G (1990-1994). I've mapped out the compressors, and the B3's will be very efficient turbo motors with those TD04 (6cm) turbos. They're quick spool, and fairly small, which makes them great daily driver turbos without the more serious risks brought about by big turbos, detonation, and mismatched turbo-displacement realities. 14B from the manual ETL's is still okay, but it would be better for a later/bigger turbo with some forged shiny bits. I'll upload the graphs/mapping I did when I get a minute and you'll see what I mean.
          Last edited by Aaronbrook37; 08-22-2010, 08:29 PM.
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
          X