Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I buy a b6 ecu and plug it to the b3, will it increase fuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I buy a b6 ecu and plug it to the b3, will it increase fuel?

I have the b3 engine with the fms street camshaft a cai and a straight exhaust but with the stock fuel injectors. If I buy a b6 ecu and plug it to the b3, will it increase fuel? The ecu I saw is the B63H.
    :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

no it will decrease fuel. If you put a b3 ecu in a b6 (injector) car that would increase fuel...because the b3 ecu actually duty cycles the the b3 injectors a little longer than a b6 ecu would because they're slightly smaller, So it would hold a b6 injector open longer too. Either go with the b6 injectors on the b3 ecu (richer) or get your hands on both the b6 injectors and the b6 ecu (a little less rich) if the b3 ecu makes the b6 injectors too rich, especially at idle. Look for a b61k ecu also.
    Last edited by iceracerdude; 08-01-2010, 08:08 AM.
    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
      no it will decrease fuel. If you put a b3 ecu in a b6 (injector) car that would increase fuel...because the b3 ecu actually duty cycles the the b3 injectors a little longer than a b6 ecu would because they're slightly smaller, So it would hold a b6 injector open longer too. Either go with the b6 injectors on the b3 ecu (richer) or get your hands on both the b6 injectors and the b6 ecu (a little less rich) if the b3 ecu makes the b6 injectors too rich, especially at idle. Look for a b61k ecu also.
      I understand your point and that's what I thought too. But how come a friend of mine had a Daewoo Racer with a 1.5l engine and he put the 1.7l ecu and it made more power. It's true because I ride with him and it really made a difference.

Comment

it probably depends on the application
        1990 Ford Festiva 196k Automatic (Gone) " It's a small car so you gotta drive it like your ticked off... Small cars need to be driven fast"
        :spam1:is delicious

Comment

So with the above mods I have mentioned do I need to upgrade the injectors or ecu? Because If it is not necessary, I will leave it as it is.

Comment

The other car might have bumped up the timing. Your stock fuel system is fine with a little exhaust, cam, intake work.
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
              The other car might have bumped up the timing. Your stock fuel system is fine with a little exhaust, cam, intake work.
              What timing?

Comment

ignition timing
                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                  ignition timing
                  So your saying that some advanced ignition timing requires to change the injectors?

Comment

^^only with the proper high performance spark plugs

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

No just a different octane rating on your gas in extreme advance settings.

Comment

Working...
                      X