Going to swap ATX to MTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to swap ATX to MTX

Ok so im going to the junkyard this week to pick up a manual trans because im sick of automatic an its acting weird. So that being said i pretty much know what i need like the crossmember, pedals, shifter, cables, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, and trans of course. Now am i missing anything? Also how hard will this be to do and how long?
    1990 Ford Festiva 196k Automatic (Gone) " It's a small car so you gotta drive it like your ticked off... Small cars need to be driven fast"
    :spam1:is delicious

Wiring harness also....you will also need the mounts with the crossmember.

Shouldn't be too hard. the better part of the day.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Check this
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Hey, I just did an auto to g series standard swap and it doesn't take too long. The hardest part you will find is trying to get the pedals in. The brake pedal and clutch pedal both come in one unit, so make sure you take it all together as that will save you lots of time. You don't need a wiring harness if you are willing to do some simple splices from the auto tranny plugs to the manual tranny plugs. I would say that you could get it all done in 3 days if you know what you are doing, or at least do some research before hand.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
        -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Man I think im might just pay someone to do the trans and BP swap cuz i just have no time to do anything and ill have to buy a 2nd car cuz i cant really afford down time considering my car is my work cuz im a delivery driver. That being said anybody in Texas not extremely far from Killeen want to do this for me let me know what you would charge me. sucks cuz i really love working on cars too.
          1990 Ford Festiva 196k Automatic (Gone) " It's a small car so you gotta drive it like your ticked off... Small cars need to be driven fast"

Comment

Take a three day weekend and bring me all the parts, lots of beer, and bout 400-450. You'll have a scooter of a car
            Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
            88? Parts car-sold
            91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
            86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
            1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

^^^^ That sounds like a plan!!!!! how does this winter sonud? plus what car would be best to get a bp, ecu and harness that is mostly available? And should i get the bp from a wrecker because im a lil sketchy on u-pull-its cuz how do i know it runs.

Comment

Let me know and ill go with you. Ive got electric impact guns, we could have it out in a few hours. And hear it run to boot

Mazda protege, they have the main support and the fords didn't
                Last edited by gorgonheimer; 09-04-2010, 07:05 PM.
                Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                88? Parts car-sold
                91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

awesome i think ill grab all the trans stuff up here and just grab the engine, ecu, etc. down there. Ill PM you when i think i wanna do it an we go from there, and ill be sure to give you plenty notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephet View Post
                    And should i get the bp from a wrecker because im a lil sketchy on u-pull-its cuz how do i know it runs.
                    If the car looks good....probably trans/engine problems. Wrecked....engine probably runs....just look at it before you pull it and see if it looks like it has been maintained.
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

i did my auto/manual swap in 2 days along with a b6 swap

i dont think you need to change the crossmember i put them side by side and couldnt tell the difference?

of course there will be bugs tho. thats the bad part.

Comment

Working...
                      X