question about mazda awd trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about mazda awd trans

so im thinkin the code for the 1989-1994 mazda 323 awd is g5m-r? also does anyone know the awd trans gear ratio and the 323 rear diff gear ratio? all help is thanked - daniel
    1991 stiva.

It's G5MX-R. And I think the only years they came in the 323 is '88-89 in the GTX's.
    '90 LX

Comment

I think there is an "x" in there somewhere for the 4wd transmissions.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

the rear end gear ratio is 3.909

same as the 4wd US proteges
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I wonder if the miata has the same rear ratio as the 88 or 89 gtx? I've been searching and havent found anything about the gtx's differencial ratios.
          89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
          My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

sweet thanks I'm going to fab up a AWD set up on my TruckStiva just throwing the idea around since I already have the AWD transmission that came with my BPT engine. gonna have to find a rear end with the same gear ratio as the trans and one that measures out the same.
            1991 stiva.

Comment

I think the Miatas have the same ratio as the 323's.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
              BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
              BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
              New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

the ones in the 88-89 gtx (b6t powerd ones) arnt that strong.... the ones from 90 to 94? are the strongest (bpt powerd ones) so i guess your lucky that you got the good one but to make it fit your gonna have to move the steering rack... i think a miata diff will work but im not 100% sure... check out clubprotege.com and read around... lots of good info on there

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

only certain miata diffs will work. I believe you need one from an M-edition with the 6 speed. or a second gen RX-7 Automatic should be a 3.909. I've barked up that tree for quite some time.
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

You've got a project in front of you. I dont think its ever been done, and if it has nobody has ever presented it to the known world.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

yeah its definatly a project ive got my truckstiva all apart now basicly a shell so now is definatly the best time to do it, ive been thinkin if ima do it i just as well do it up rite the first time, ive got over 3000.00 in parts in storage just collecting everything before i begin. I have had the last 3 months to think about everything real hard seeing that ive been at basic training in fort sill, ok. lots of tactical road marches to dream up a good build.-daniel
                      1991 stiva.

Comment

I have a new sohc 4wd trans and rear end assembly i just found the other week. It will be coupled to my b6t...

Sometime in the future...
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
                          I have a new sohc 4wd trans and rear end assembly i just found the other week. It will be coupled to my b6t...

Sometime in the future...
                          dang way to rub it in lol im still searching for the rear end i already have the awd trans.
                          1991 stiva.

Comment

I too have been researching an AWD build for sometime in the future :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                              I too have been researching an AWD build for sometime in the future :lol:
                              Are you thinking about the miata rear end or the rx7? or did you find something totaly different?
                              1991 stiva.

Comment

Working...
                              X