dsm 1g wiring and dsmlink??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsm 1g wiring and dsmlink??

nobody ever try to put a dsm 1g wiring with a dsmlink in B6T or bpt?

because I have a deal for wiring and dsmlink

I look the differance and, Between the cam sensor and the tps there would not big work to put the dsm ecu...

What are your opinions?

Totally not worth the time or money or the head ache. To much of a difference between the 4g63 and the b6t or bpt. DSMLINK is nice to use in DSMs but in our cars it would be a pain to get wired up and then tuned. With the money it would cost, you could by a megasquirt stand alone and go to town.

Better yet get the DSMLINK V2 if possible and turn around and sell it and buy a megasquirt. Sorry im on my brothers account- ben
    1991 stiva.

Comment

whit b6t i can use a safc controller for boost over 10psi?? or the safc dosent work whit the b6t vaf?

my only goal is boost over 10psi whit my big 16g...
      Last edited by fordfestivaa; 10-02-2010, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Not sure I think the SAFC I and II are only compatible on MAF read engines. Don't quote me on that. I ran a SAFC II and a palm logger in my 93 eclipse on 16lbs. It wasn't needed but I wanted to monitor the engine especially messing with boost on a stock engine.

If our engines can be tuned with with a SAFC then you should be good to go id imagine. Im not to sure on the tuning procedures with these engines but I do know that a Big 16G turbo with 10lbs on a 4G engine is a good shot of power. A b6t with a BIG 16 is going to be insane! If you do hit that goal I wanna see a vid of that thing in action.
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

dsm link= junk

Im trying to tune my buddies colt with dsm link and its a royal pain. Its just not user friendly.
          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

saf-c won't work on vaf's.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            ---------------------------------------------------
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

what fit on vaf? because im don't able to talk whit the rocketchip guy...and i really want to boost over 10psi...lol:p

Comment

If you want a full stand alone then go with megasquirt. With megasquirt you can zero out the VAF totally and tune your fuel air mixture along with timing. The only real thing you have to worry about is knock and running lean. If you can keep the mix right and no knock you can turn the boost up untill your mix leans out. Once it leans out just pull timing and get it back to the good or just add more fuel.

There is many different ways to tune a engine you just have to find what suits you and your engine. Getting to 10lbs + shouldn't be to hard.

If your really worried get a wide band and go to town. With that you can monitor everything that has to do with keeping your engine from melting.
                Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 10-03-2010, 06:29 PM.
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

get a re-chipped ecu... it will let you go to 16psi of boost... is that enough??? lol

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

What are you guys talking about? I ran an safc with my vaf and it worked perfectly.

Comment

dont know if anyone has tried it but would a map and a safc work? I mean the vaf just reads voltage anyways and is a mechanical device with a pot inside of it. kinda like a map sensor. This way hook up a map with your intended psi range ie: Honda 1.7bar is good to about 12psi or a 2 bar and good to 14.7 then toss in big inj and hook up a wb then tune with a safc there both linear output so i bet with a little messing around it would work well and pretty much turn you speed density

Comment

Safc will work with bps. You can't with B6ts they use a wierd 5-9v scale.
                        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

The B6T VAF runs ~2-9V range. The SAFCs can only deal with a 0-5v MAF signal.

DR Dseries - the VAF reads VOLUME instead of pressure. (VAF signal is not linear either) The ECU uses internal lookup tables of RPM vs volume to calculate pressure - if you're bandaid-ing signals into it you're really going to screw some stuff up.

Megasquirt FTW - its designed to be tuned - unlike the stock B6T ecu. The chip works and works really well - but once you start to go outside the stock system's limits - its time to upgrade.
                          1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                          High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                          Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

I stand corrected. I do just want to make sure that the bosch bmw vafs will still work so that if i go b6t i can play with the injector sizes and turbos and not have to suck air thru a straw. I have messed with a lot of bmw turbo cars still using a vaf and have opened them up to adjust the springs so thats not out of my range

Comment

Hey Dr what is the difference between are vaf and bmw ones. I'm new to adjusting vaf meters, but that's what I would like to try with my bp-t setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X