B3 T25turbo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3 T25turbo ?

Evev though this sounds like a common question in here I still have to ask. I want to turbo my B3, is it possible to grab everything off of a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Also what other things are involved in this add-on such as injectors, ecu, timing and beefier gaskets?

how much do you wanna spend?

that way we can really tell u what you need and what you should have. theres a difference .

Comment

I would grab the turbo all the charge piping the IC the dp elbow bov and the injectors. Then i would take the stock manifold put a U pipe on the bottom of it and run the turbo top mount style or build a HomeDepot log and buy a flange from RRE I would put in the injectors tear into the maf and adjust it for the larger injectors or find a bmw one and toss that on there every vane airflow meter works the same way some just flow WAYY more air. Toss the dsm IC in the factory for a spot dsm on the festiva trim the charge pipe pry going to have to add in a 90 for the tb toss a wb on it get the afrs good and rock out. if it has slight deto take out a bit of base timing try again. I would build a Det can bolt it to the block and have a listen under a full boost pull.

Comment

not looking to spend a whole lot, hoping to do a junk yard build. keeping the stock parts so i can put it back. Doing the work myself including building the exhaust manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by stash2000_2000 View Post
          Also what other things are involved in this add-on such as injectors, ecu, timing and beefier gaskets?
          If you need to ask maybe you don't have the knowledge to make it work. Start with a simple swap if you want to have more power. Than later after a lot of reading and searching you may be able to put a turbo on your engine.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

not looking to spend a whole lot, hoping to do a junk yard build. keeping the stock parts so i can put it back. Doing the work myself including building the exhaust manifold.
            Well 35-40$ for a turbo manifold. Free Inj Free charge pipe with maybe a 90 degree coupler from ebay free bov a junk yard maf that plugs right in and you just have to adjust the tension spring on it for the larger injectors and it will flow more air through it so it wont be a restriction for the turbo. then solder or hell even a hydro or brake hose and a chunk of flex line and a bunch of hose clamps to the stock banjo bolt for the feed then drill a hole and put the return in the pan then tune away by adjusting the spring in the maf and the timing at the distributor its not rocket science its a junk yard turbo kit. it needs pie cuts and flux core welding madness

Comment

^ wow that's ugly....

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                ^ wow that's ugly....
                it was a very cheap 3" dp that fits a holset hx40 in a civic with a stock rad and fan. it may be ugly but that same dp put down over 500whp

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                  ^ wow that's ugly....
                  Ha, ha, ha, That's not "ugly", that's "getto fabulous", in fact, he did a "v-band option" which gives him "extra credit" in my book.

Always remember this:

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles
                  or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again...who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly..." Theodore Roosevelt........and by the way that's the "Teddy I'm so bad assed they had to carve a giant rock into the shape of my head in one of the Dakotas Roosevelt!" lol
                  Last edited by iceracerdude; 10-13-2010, 09:00 PM.
                  97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                  CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                  Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Evev though this sounds like a common question in here I still have to ask. I want to turbo my B3, is it possible to grab everything off of a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Also what other things are involved in this add-on such as injectors, ecu, timing and beefier gaskets?
                    To answer your question: yes, it's possible to "grab everything" from a 2.0 liter turbo charged DSM, but alas, it's the wrong question.
                    The manual trans gen 1 cars had tdo5 turbos while the automatic cars had a tdo4 turbos, and the garrett t-25 you mentioned as well, are all too big (think 2.0 liter) for what you want to do to a 1.3 engine.

The very first thing you should really do, is to get yourself a copy of
                    Corkie Bell's book: "Maximum Boost". It will help you to pay the art and science of boosting the respect it deserves.
                    Last edited by iceracerdude; 10-13-2010, 08:58 PM.
                    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

I have the pdf if you would like to get it. and the fact his post says t25 leads me to think he has a 2nd gen. and i would think the t25 would spool up on a 1.3l i mean its a TINY turbo and makes boost at 2200rpm on a 1.5l honda

Comment

Thank you Iceracerdude, That sounds like something I will check out. Guess homework is needed for now. :cam:

Comment

junkyardturbos.com
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

StashPm your e-mail address i will send you the pdf of maximum boost

and the website for learning how to build junkyard turbo kits is RealHomemadeTurbo.com

dont sign up just lurk they have great fab posts and turbo build posts

I am a member and it takes a lot to be accepted into there community.

Comment

if you can find a mazda 323 gtx or something like that, just grab the entire kit off of it (i know this is wishfull thinking) but my setup right now is a complete turbo kit from a 323 gtx with a aspire manifold with vibrant flange welded to it, sr20 t25, sr20 turbo elbow and custom down pipe... very little custom work and the intercooler pipes and blow off valve just bolt onto the b3 motor with no modification

also running a cartech FMU looking for a msd boost box.

Comment

Working...
                              X