old radiator out new radiator in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old radiator out new radiator in

junked my old radiator out and installed a acura integra radiator works pefect!

Nice! Was it a fairly easy swap? What size difference is there? I'm wanting a better radiator for my D/D. Anymore details? Stock hoses work...etc?
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

What year Integra rad? Half or full rad? Pictures?

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
      -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Last thing a stock festy needs is a bigger radiator.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

as the fitment goes, it fits perfect to the festiva hoses, and for the fan u have to wire cut the old radiator fan cable, and atach it to the newone its simple and plug again. just the bottom hose oyou will have to get another hose , because the acura radiator to put the hose in the bottom faces up and the festiva one faces down so you gonna have to do your trick there.

Comment

Im running a stock festy radiator with a BP and it works just fine. Nice swap but I think ill save my 80 bucks.
            89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
            My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

I'd like to see pics too. After the Aspire swap on my car, the tubing for the radiator is pinched slightly by the sway bar and the lower radiator support beam because it drops down. I'd love to get the tubing out of the way entirely, and that sounds like it'd do the trick.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

so you going to make it to the st louis meet?

Comment

I like the looks of it but my stock one works fine with my bp so i will save the money for a turbo.

Comment

yea i will maybe go to the meet. i need to check my work days tho. my stock radiator from my festiva was claugh and broken thats y i had to change it and diidnt had a festiva radiator spare with me so brother gave me his acura integra one and i installed it. still need to get new hoses for the bottom. its working goot but its kind of bented because i did some weird thing to be able to fit the hose the only onse i had.

Comment

I think that this is an amazing idea!!!
                      The problem with the festiva rad is that if you put in an aspire swaybar the bottom hose hits that swaybar. This way you avoid that altogether.
                      Would this rad have better cooling than the dual-core rad that already comes in the auto festiva?
                      What is the best rad option for best cooling, with least cost and little customization?
                      Last edited by timmay89; 10-27-2010, 02:53 AM.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                      -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

well the acura integra radiator is fragile but very good at cooling. seens its aluminum if you crash it will break the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by timmay89 View Post
                          I think that this is an amazing idea!!!
                          The problem with the festiva rad is that if you put in an aspire swaybar the bottom hose hits that swaybar. This way you avoid that altogether.
                          Would this rad have better cooling than the dual-core rad that already comes in the auto festiva?
                          What is the best rad option for best cooling, with least cost and little customization?
                          The Aspire swaybar is actually no problem for the lower radiator hose. Just drain the rad, then cut the lower rad hose a little at a time, on the end that fits onto the radiator, until it no longer contacts the sway bar.

When you put the coolant back in, remember to park the car on an incline so that the rad cap hole is uphill, so that (with the rad cap off) bubbles will work their way out of the system.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 festiva View Post
                            its aluminum if you crash it will break the radiator.
                            Umm if you are hitting something hard enough to move the bumper your going to go through most any radiator in a car
                            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                            X