Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help someone wire up a msd igniton coil...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help someone wire up a msd igniton coil...

There's someone on the site I mentioned to about installing a msd coil in place of the stock 90 coil. I thought there was a write up somewhere but couldn't find it. Anybody off hand know what wire should go where??
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

There's like 3 wires....not hard to figure out.
    www.dantheoilman.com
    AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
    Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
    Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Ok well, I used the Blaster 2 (8203) $31.23 from Pep Boys after finding a good/well written article about ignitions (specifically a 323 1.6 SOHC) and I wired it in. The fatter thicker wire is the positive and the skinnier wire is the ground. First I undid the battery terminals. Then I just cut the connector off the original factory piece, took the old coil pack out, I used butt connectors to attach some longer wires so the coil could be mounted further away then attached ring connectors to the ends to fit on the posts of the coil. Then went to home depot and bought a stainless strap for holding 2 wood beams together (straight piece maybe 1.5" x 10") for $0.83. Took the coil and bent the piece around it flattened the ends cut off the excess and sprayed it flat black... It works really well and bolted it in. Seriously only took maybe 2-3 hours and that's not having all the pieces in front of me at one time. The throttle response is much better. For $32 I think it is an extremely easy/good way to get a much better throttle feel. -Kyle

P.S. It only took me a minute to search for it... It was in the NA forum... Also try the Mazda323performance.com site for the MSD write-up as well...
      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Working...
      X