solid motor mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solid motor mounts?

quick question i would like the forums opinion on solid motor mounts i have access to a mill/cnc (thanks dad) other than added vibration and the possibility of breaking something (tranny) what do you guys think?
    b3t and loving it!

I wouldn't go as far as full metal mounts... I would go with a very high durometer bushing that you could make from a CNC machine to fit inside the stock mount... You can order some online... I forget the site though. -Kyle
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

right i know they sell those mounts but wheres the fun in that i guess i like fabing things for my car rather then buying them i doooo have access to urethane to cut and shape in 3" diameter 2ft sticks this maybe a better streetable option!(less vibration)
      b3t and loving it!

Comment

That's what I am saying, make your own from high durometer urethane... -Kyle

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

right ! also i have seen people put windshield urethane in there mounts to stiffen them up it takes a while to cure but works very well!
          b3t and loving it!

Comment

screw that! get some regular old window caulk and fill ur mounts with that. it'll stiffen 'em up 4 real cheap. i love the taste of the caulk! hehe
            Q-why turbo a b3?

A-why not?

Comment

^^ You don't eat Elmers glue too do you ?
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I just want to know, have you (cedaspire) actually made(built) a car of your own in your lifetime or are you just blurting out things you have read about online. I guess that's what makes us all "experts" right? :?

Comment

um first off, i never claimed to be an "expert" at anything. but i do claim to have no life, and am a cheap-ass who spends all his time on honda forums learning about low-budget ways to improve a vehicle's performance. so excuse me if you feel threatened by my attempt to help this guy out. but as far as "building" a car, me and a friend are in the process of custom-fabricating almost everything to turbo his '93 honda civic hatch.
                  Q-why turbo a b3?

A-why not?

Comment

I used that window urethane shit in my mounts and it didn't make any difference at all.
                    * Retired Festiva-er*
                    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

my friend used it on his 200sx with a pulsar gtir motor aka rnn14 and it helped a bunch im currently letting my mounts cure to put them in some one help cedaspire out lol!!! :roll:
                      b3t and loving it!

Comment

well obviously your not using windshield urethane if you get no results..... i'm a glass technician, i've used 3m's windo weld, sikaflex, essex u418, and essex beta. Beta from essex is the fastest curing 2 part urethane out there all your other urethanes can take couple days to dry because there a 1 part air curing glue.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

and if your use automotive urethane with a regular 5-7 dollar caulking gun from Lowe's. One of 2 things with happen you'll break the gun or your palms will cramp so bad you wished you had the opportunity to jack off an elephant until it climaxes.
                          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                          X