G series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G series

If I have a hydro series g25mr from a portage mounted and working in my Festy. Would the mounts and clutch be the same if I swapped in a Capri g5mr cable type trans ????? Been searching for hrs can't seem to find the answer here !! Lots of info on which is better and them being the same trans series but nothing on mounts being the same or not !! There are many comments on the clutch etc being the same is that correct ???? Thanks
    New build on the way .

Found this in the Manual transmission swap sticky...
    "Remove whatever flywheel you have on your motor, and put your G-series flywheel on your motor. Now install a new clutch, this clutch should be designed for whatever car you got your transmission out of, or any other G-series transmission car."
    So yes, clutch is the same. Doesn't say anything about mounts but I'm pretty sure they're the same because the link for the mounts just says "g series mounts". That leads me to believe they would be the same
    Here's the link to the sticky...
    Last edited by lanemeyer14; 01-23-2011, 09:45 AM.
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

The clutch is garenteed the same, the rear mount is garenteed the same, i would need to double check the front mount but i beleive they are the same as well

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Good info thanks guys !!
        New build on the way .

Comment

Working...
        X