b6 idle problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6 idle problems

just installed my b6 and a cam,and am having a little idle issue( low idle and stalls), i am still using the tps that was on the b6, from an auto, also its almost feels like there is hesitation when acceleration, also maybe some surging??? probably a timing issue??(distributer)

my car is a 5 speed,

any suggestions?>?
    Last edited by blitzbuggy; 03-14-2011, 08:11 PM.
    B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
    Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

need a 5spd TPS, also if you're using your festy throtle body, you need to open up your idle screw to compensate for the greater displacement of the B6.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

i am using the b6 tb. so the idle screw is the one thats a PITA to get to right?? on the left side of the throttle body??

Comment

thought the B6 TB is simillar to tbe B3: top driverside of the TB, under a rubber cap.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

ok just an update, i did the timing, and the thisng hauls even better, no time at all to get to 100 kph, surging is gone now i have to work on the idle. it should be bang on when i change the tps,
          Last edited by blitzbuggy; 03-15-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

awesome.

Comment

Calling Blitzbuggy...can you read me...over

Did the manual TPS cure your idle problem?

Some ECUs have idle speed compensation circuits for air conditioning and /or power steering. These circuits would need to be looked at, to see if you can just leave them open. Other options would be to ground them, or apply voltage. I'm just now looking into this, because I'm considering a B6 swap.
              '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Working...
              X