Building the intake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building the intake...

Since it's getting awful quiet in here might as well post my current project.
    Consists of 1 6" and 1 8" 3 inch exhaust pipe, 2 - 3" to 2 1/2" reducers, 1 3" 90 degree elbow (I didn't care for the chrome elbow but that's all they had). I still need to tap and install a 5/8 vacuum connection for the IAC, paint and make the mounting points. I'll use a small filter for the crankcase. It may take me another week or two to get it done, I want to do this right the first time.. can't wait to get it installed though.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Well its done...

I had to modify the hood to keep it from hitting unfornately I think it still is. So far I don't know if I like it. It sounds kinda funny and really I don't know if it pulls any harder than before. I'll probably leave it on for couple days if I don't like it I'll probably remove it.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Looks nice. I'm sure it gives no gains, but it looks nice.

After all, our little motors spinning at red line only need about 150 cfm tops.
      www.dantheoilman.com
      AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
      Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
      Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

I agree. The only thing it seemed to help was torque maybe revs up a little faster. But in the end the still the same.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

yeah, no reason for doing it unless you open up the exhaust as well.. and even then.. it's still just a B3

Comment

I'm working on the open exhaust fms header free flowing cat and better muffler. I may not do the header because I'm trying to do everything so I can use it on a 1.5L or 1.8L if I ever get around to it.
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

you'd probably get more of a "pull" if you made that 90 degree bend a little less harsh.
              Q-why turbo a b3?

A-why not?

Comment

I'm already planning on using that intake as pieces on the bp swap into the festiva this summer. I'll make another one with 2 45 degree angles instead... maybe.
                91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

sweet. you should try to make it longer though to try and draw some COLD air instead of the hot air in the engine compartment.
                  Q-why turbo a b3?

A-why not?

Comment

Working...
                  X