No announcement yet.

B6 Headers from Corksport (SOHC & DOHC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6 Headers from Corksport (SOHC & DOHC)

I've just been perusing for parts for my build, and realized that Corksport makes headers for both SOHC and DOHC B6's. So, by extension, they also make them for our B3's. It just seems to me that some people have been looking for these.

The 1.6 SOHC in the MX3 is a 16 valve. Not sure how different (if any) the exhaust ports are between the B6 SOHC 8V & B6 SOHC 16V. The header may work with minimum or no mods.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Check the gaskets at a parts store and see if there the same. Might be able to get an idea from that.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.

Relevant reading.
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

^^^
          Any updates on that thread Aaron?
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Not really unfortunately haha... my plans for my car went elsewhere. (Stay tuned for that ) I gave up really giving much thought to the compatibility of headers because I picked up a third job this semester while juggling my final year of undergrad. Sasquatch and I are both pretty busy people, but perhaps we'll whip something together in the near future. I would happily fund a little project for this at some point...
            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
              Nice! I was planning on investigating the Ebay Honda header/B3/B6 concept by just using an adapter plate. I don't know how I missed this thread...
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

i dont think they are the same, ports are wider i believe
                B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
                Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

Comment

Big sorry guys. I don't know where my head was at when I posted this. The B6-ME exhaust port spacing is different than the B3. It's not relevant to me since I will be able to use this header if I want since I'm going DOHC, but thanks for the info Aaron, I hope you find time to get the project done.

Comment

Working...
                  X