1st gen rx-7 parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st gen rx-7 parts

I'm about to junk an '85 rx7 gsl. It has the 12a w/ 5spd and disc rear. 4 lug. Is anyone here interested in any parts for some kind of crazy swap before it gets crushed? I have the title if it makes any difference. Motor ran strong before I parked it. Be the first to do a festiva rotary swap or use the trans/rear for a rwd setup.

Darn, I really hate to see an rx7 get scrapped. Howcome it's heading to the crusher?

Comment

no time/money to mess with it. I was planning on a rwd rotary swap in my car before I settled on a diesel swap.

Comment

does it have power window switches in the armrests??
        1992 black GL
        1991 white GL
        1991 blue L parts car
        1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
        1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

fb's have switches mounted in center console. The car will be shredded and on a ship to china starting saturday!

Comment

Is the car restorable?
            1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
            1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
            1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
            1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
            1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
            1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
            1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Id love to have it but I just got new conquest.
              Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

If it has a power antenna, I would buy the relay off of you.

Comment

Could I get a pic for reference? The reason I ask is because there is a 1st gen rx-7 gsl i think at the local yard and it has the stock mazda wheels with the centers. I have been told that one of those rx-7's the wheels will fit the stock festy pattern. Here is the car that is up at the yard.

Please note cut off time M-F is 1 pm Pacific time..  Sales and Technical help closes at 3 pm Pacific time.See our Engine Rebuild Pricing Page if you are interested in having us rebuild your engine.We stock all of the parts on this website, with the exception of a few higher priced and rarely ordered items from Exedy and Racing Beat. You can expect your parts to be shipped out the same day or the next business day, according to our shipping policies, so long as it is ordered before 1pm pacific standard time.We have it in stock, if you order it next day, then expect your parts the next business day (Call for Saturday delivery).If you order something that is out of stock due to supplier demand and back orders, and you mention that you are in a hurry for it then we will contact you about your order the same/next business day, depending on the time the order was placed.We do our best to keep all these and more Mazda parts in stock to keep you rolling down the road.Prices on the information engine rebuild chart are subject to change, the correct pricing is on the item detail page

Are those the wheels that will fit the festy pattern?
                  Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 04-21-2011, 07:35 PM.
                  89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                  My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

man oh man, what I wouldn't do for the chance to have a RX-7 to use as a restoration project/bargaining token..... I hope you don't scrap it man.... shame I've got so many other bills the next couple of weeks that I couldn't pay ya up front and all....
                    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                    Projects in the works:
                    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Dang, I'm helping a buddy repaint his 83' RX7 right now, I'm sure he'd be interested in the rear disk brakes and the engine. Don't think he has the funds for it right now though since we're in the middle of painting it.. bummer
                      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

This has the limited slip differential in it? Any clue if this is the same one you can swap into the late 80's Mazda B2200's? If so I would be interested in that possibly.

Comment

How does the steering wheel look?
                          No longer a festiva owner

Comment

You tease us then no response.....? PMed you......
                            1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                            1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                            1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                            1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                            1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                            1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                            1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                              If it has a power antenna, I would buy the relay off of you.
                              I will check in the am and post back here...edit: it does, I'll pull it and let you know what's up.

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
                              Could I get a pic for reference? The reason I ask is because there is a 1st gen rx-7 gsl i think at the local yard and it has the stock mazda wheels with the centers. I have been told that one of those rx-7's the wheels will fit the stock festy pattern. Here is the car that is up at the yard.

Please note cut off time M-F is 1 pm Pacific time..  Sales and Technical help closes at 3 pm Pacific time.See our Engine Rebuild Pricing Page if you are interested in having us rebuild your engine.We stock all of the parts on this website, with the exception of a few higher priced and rarely ordered items from Exedy and Racing Beat. You can expect your parts to be shipped out the same day or the next business day, according to our shipping policies, so long as it is ordered before 1pm pacific standard time.We have it in stock, if you order it next day, then expect your parts the next business day (Call for Saturday delivery).If you order something that is out of stock due to supplier demand and back orders, and you mention that you are in a hurry for it then we will contact you about your order the same/next business day, depending on the time the order was placed.We do our best to keep all these and more Mazda parts in stock to keep you rolling down the road.Prices on the information engine rebuild chart are subject to change, the correct pricing is on the item detail page

Are those the wheels that will fit the festy pattern?
                              Is does have the 4lug 4 spoke wheels and I wish they fit the festiva bolt pattern. the rx7 bolt pattern is slightly larger, but i heard someone on here tried it out and reamed out the lug holes to make it work...

Originally posted by DrMaxwellEdison View Post
                              man oh man, what I wouldn't do for the chance to have a RX-7 to use as a restoration project/bargaining token..... I hope you don't scrap it man.... shame I've got so many other bills the next couple of weeks that I couldn't pay ya up front and all....
                              I have been holding out with this car for a long time, I need the money bad and something's gotta happen with it tomorrow...

Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
                              Dang, I'm helping a buddy repaint his 83' RX7 right now, I'm sure he'd be interested in the rear disk brakes and the engine. Don't think he has the funds for it right now though since we're in the middle of painting it.. bummer
                              Bummer...

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
                              This has the limited slip differential in it? Any clue if this is the same one you can swap into the late 80's Mazda B2200's? If so I would be interested in that possibly.
                              I'm not sure if it does or not. Its a 1985 GSL with the 12a and disc rear, research it if you are interested and if its what you want let me know for sure by tomorrow morning. See above reply to drmax

Originally posted by stillslow5 View Post
                              How does the steering wheel look?
                              It has the three spoke wheel. Someone here has one on their festiva. Google 1985 rx7 steering wheel

Originally posted by Kraig View Post
                              You tease us then no response.....? PMed you......
                              pm'd back

Comment

Working...
                              X