B3 Cylinder Head Cross Section [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    the valves you can get from one of the members here (larger stainless flat-faced units) can't remember the guys name at the moment but las i heard he was selling his 3 turbo kit.
    I remember Mattdickmeyer (custom turbo B3 build) was selling custom valves, springs, cams, header kits, etc...but the valves were for a B3 (albeit slightly oversized). I wouldn't mind having one of his header kits though.

There's a guy here in town that collects Fieros. He's easily got 8 or 10 of them sitting in his yard & garage. I think his 3 car garage is full of parts as well. A few of them are GT's but the rest are base models. I don't think any of them have moved for 10 years. If only they were Festivas!!!
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      as for the fiero, those bumps on the intake side DO increase port velocity and smooth the flow before hitting the valve back-cut, thus eleminating turbulance before the chamber. there was an issue with the casting and port angle that caused alot of port turbulance before the valve (not to mention the poor valve guide bung cast shape) and that "shark fin" was their solution. you'll only find it on the HO 2.8 cast iron heads.
      Ahhh, ok That's what I was assuming when I asked about port velocity. I was wondering if it had something to do with the casting and how it flowed. That makes a lot of sense if there's some crazy angle that gets the air tumbling all over itself :thumbup:

I need to look up some pics of that, sounds like a pretty neat design
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

the pics are not shown !
        please upload them again

Comment

^^ That's weird, they're still working for me.

Anyone else not seeing them?
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working for me.

Is it maybe that new members need so many post before these show up?

Comment

Sweeeeet thread.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I actually sent my b3 head to Matt. Had the works done to it. I posted my own pics of the head and my block as well as links to Matt's facbook where he took many pics of him porting my head. Look in the garage for project phoenix.

Comment

porting

ive said it before,and ill say it again. mazda didnt miss any detail,when they designed and produced the b3. all the examples of beautifull port work,i call works of art. what benefit,and improvements one gets from porting,is at best probably very little, at least for a stock engine. if u add a header,and slightly better cam,mill the head for compression. maybe install bigger valves,then your port work pays off. in other words, i ported 510 heads,for racing.without adding goodies,u got little benefit. ive never ported a b3,but for the small engine size,you d have to have a flo bench to check your work,or u could easily lose velocity. u guys do some mighty fine porting,especialy Zanzer.

Comment

love you...

Comment

Working...
                    X