Non-OEM battery location, but not in trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-OEM battery location, but not in trunk

Has anyone relocated the battery to another place up front? I'm going to use a pc-680 and put it somewhere but was wondering what others have done.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

I had mine on the pass side after a BP swap. Built a little tray for it where the airbox used to sit and used a ratchet strap for a hold down. It was a little tough getting it in and out, but not too bad and I only had to change it once I think.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I'm thinking of putting it vertical against the passenger firewall.
      1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Batteries usually shouldn't be vertical...
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

What about using a small battery in the stock location, like a lawn tractor battery? Would that have enough juice, and would that then give you enough room, getnpsi?
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have mine in the trunk in a aluminum custom box. I am running a 2010 civic battery
            ---------------------------------------------------
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            ---------------------------------------------------
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
              Batteries usually shouldn't be vertical...
              That's a Gel cell, you can mount it upside down.

The Turbo Chrysler guys mount them under the fender in the wheel well behind the headlight.
              1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
              1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
              1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
              1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
              2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
              2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Pm Motoxpress.....he has a small lawn/garden battery on the passenger side in a custom tray
                "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
                  That's a Gel cell, you can mount it upside down.

The Turbo Chrysler guys mount them under the fender in the wheel well behind the headlight.
                  Sorry bout that, I spoke out of ignorance. Guess I shoulda looked up the pc-680 before I commented. Oops lol
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Sorry about that, the Odyssey pc-680 is a 1/2 size and weight gel battery that lacks in reserve capacity and CCA's but since i don't need amps and it's never cold they do last as long as they claim. That size battery is good to go on its side in stock locations, that's usually what i do. Mounting them post up is harder to do because they're so skinny. With a new bracket i can put it anywhere, in the past I've used really long worm clamp straps too. It seems that as i complete my swap no wiring is where the festiva wiring is, might as well move the battery too lol. I'm looking to make a marginally better weight distribution w/o having to go to the back.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Working...
                    X