Clutch adjustment - reduce travel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch adjustment - reduce travel?

I've noticed that even though my clutch pedal seems to travel a good 8-12" I really only need to press it in about 2" to make a smooth shift possible.

Has anyone tried lowering the clutch closer to the floor and shortening the pedal distance for faster/easier shifting?

I did it.. I also added a short throw shifter.. I just adjusted the clutch cable..

Edit: I didn't adjust the pedal.. I tend to have my foot on it all the time except for long highway cuising..

Comment

thanks - so your pedal now sits 2-3" off the floor? and you just mash it in all the way to shift?

so the mod is simple then? no cutting or anything weird? any downsides?

Comment

You don't have much time to look for a gear..

Comment

IIRC, there are switches on the pedal for starting.. I didn't want to mess with that.. sorry I didn't aswer your question about the pedal.. :roll:

Comment

good point but it gives me an idea - i could short the clutch press detector thingy so i could start the car without having to sit down and press the clutch in.

Comment

You could but remember to take it out of gear first or off goes the festiva. Removing it is good if you run outta gas & want to drive an electric car to the gas station(do it in 2nd) :idea:
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
              X