ZEX Safe Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZEX Safe Shot

Even though I told myself I would be happy breaking into the 13's im not. I want more power but don't feel like fabricating all the stuff I need for a bigger turbo. So I found this http://www.zex.com/zx/nitrous-system...rom-zextm.html

What are your opinions?
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Enough said... lol

Comment

Lmao.
      14 C7 Z51

Comment

Everything needs a bottle
        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

nothing says overboost like a gas that expands a huge amount and a wastegate that couldnt regulate a tap in the bathroom....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
            nothing says overboost like a gas that expands a huge amount and a wastegate that couldnt regulate a tap in the bathroom....
            This guy did it http://www.vettesandperformance.com/...nd_festiva.wmv
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Only do nitrous if its a wet system and your engine and spark plugs can handle it. That said, the kit you posted is a dry system. What happens with a dry system is that the air/ nitrous mix with the fuel, burn faster than the ECU injects it, and the ratio of fuel:air becomes dangerously lean. In a wet system, nitrous AND fuel are injected together into the intake, so the fuel is brought up to a level where it is proportional to the new amount of gasses in the chamber. After that, you need to worry about plugs and pistons. Can your pistons handle it? Can your connecting rods handle it? You may need tougher internal components if you want the motor to last. The plugs must also be in a higher heat range so they don't burn up.
              1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
              Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
              daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
              A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
                ...The plugs must also be in a higher heat range so they don't burn up.
                I think you mean, higher "temperature withstanding plugs", more specificaly, iridiums.
                Platimuns will take much more heat than copper.
                Iridiums take much more heat than platinum. (700 degres C more!)
                And to put an even finer point on it, when going turbo, you actually go colder in the "heat range".
                Last edited by iceracerdude; 10-28-2011, 09:14 AM.
                97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Go for THIS SYSTEM if you want to stay in that same budget range. Simple, but has fuel injection and is NX quality.
                  1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                  Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                  daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                  A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
                    Go for THIS SYSTEM if you want to stay in that same budget range. Simple, but has fuel injection and is NX quality.
                    Soo much money I should just fall on my head and forget about going faster.
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

bpt
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                        bpt
                        x2. I had to tell this guy ^ that for a while

b6t=132hp

bp=127hp + torque, add whatever stock boost on a b6t is and your way ahead.

Just sayin'

And Fastivab6tg25mr has proven that bp\t work well on b6t electronics.
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

the b6t is a great motor... why would he spend all that time going to a motor that has the same power output IF he spent the money used on the bpt swap and put that in to the b6t... get a T3 adapter and a bigger turbo, a big front mount intercooler and a full 2.5 inch exhaust and down pipe... then get a wideband to make sure its all safe...

this will fix your problems... thank me later...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

If my engine ever blows you bet i'll be BP+t but at 17yo I'm honestly thinking all this money spending is starting to get ridiculous, I can't compete with men that have real jobs. It's time to stop trying to go faster, paint it and enjoy it.
                            Last edited by Grey Vw; 10-28-2011, 08:55 PM.
                            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                              If my engine ever blows you bet i'll be BP+t but at 17yo I'm honestly thinking all this money spending is starting to get ridiculous, I can't compete with men that have real jobs. It's time to stop trying to go faster, paint it and enjoy it.

The more you make, the more you spend, the less you have. And you can only go as fast as you can spend. lol

Enjoy it for a while, and the more you drive it the better you'll get with it, and the faster you will go.

I think it is very cool that at 17 you have done what you've done. I built my first car at 16 and it gave me a greater appreciation for all the things I have worked for in life.

Oh and Mike (sasquatch) doesn't know what motor he wants.... LoL J\K
                              Last edited by eurotiva; 10-28-2011, 09:00 PM. Reason: I had to rib mike some
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X