g series hydro trans with cable adapter questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g series hydro trans with cable adapter questions

well its come down to this, im in the final stretch of this swap but im caught up on a few things.

-first off the speedo cable... is the conecter on the trans located in the same place as the stock festiva trans? heres a pick of what is on the trans
    in that same location and it doesnt seem to have anything for me to thread the speedo cable to.... whats the deal

By kidriddlin at 2011-11-02

-one more thing and this is about the adapter
    where do you mount the bracket that is conected to the cable? do you just
    let the cable hang free?
    Last edited by bobbyspider; 11-02-2011, 10:23 PM.
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

yes the speed sensor is in the same location. pull the new one out, the old cable should slide into it...

mount the bracket anywhere it seems to line up with your adapter. there are plenty of bolt holes.

Comment

thanks bro
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

i have been told that i need the secont half of the egt speedo cable. is this the part i need

Comment

PLEASE SOMBODY HELP! i made a bet to have this car driving by the 16th or i have to learn to play yugio i know i dont need a speedo to have it driving but id sure like one.

Comment

i havent had a speedo in my car for the past year it worked out nicely though that in 5th gear, mph = krpm * 20 (3krpm*20=60mph)

Comment

im using an egt trans with a cable G5MR speedo unit in the trans with a festy cable. you just need to carefully pry out the unit from the hydro trans and bolt in the xr2/323gt unit and you can use your stock speedo cable
              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                im using an egt trans with a cable G5MR speedo unit in the trans with a festy cable. you just need to carefully pry out the unit from the hydro trans and bolt in the xr2/323gt unit and you can use your stock speedo cable
                word. thanks, is this something i can buy at the parts store? now im all done except my shift linkage wont go all the way over so it wont let me into 5th and reverse and in the opposit direction 1st and 2nd is fairly hard to get into. and also need to weld the egt flang onto the festy downpipe. i got till next wed to avoid playing yugio

Comment

-this is continues from the advanced shifter bushing thread:

^ yea i forgot to mention that this is on my bp car. heres the story as of now. I put a short shifter in and seemed to solve most of the prob I have rev and 5th but not sure 100% about first and 2nd now. I drove it around easily but then the shifter fell out and had to push it all the way back up the ally ha ha that was fun. Solved the overheating. Now took the shifter out and reassembling it and throwing it back in hopefully this is it. im so close and this is just annoyng. the linkage just wont twist enough to turn the shift shaft well enough and the hand shifter wants to still hit the seats even with the short shifter this is just sickning knowing that this is all that is holding me back.
                  Last edited by bobbyspider; 11-13-2011, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X