No announcement yet.

DOHC 16V B6 or B5 Head with B1 Block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another member on here boosted a stock z5 and got some crazy numbers and z5 rods are SKINNY, and i boost my z5 bottom end to 10 psi every day all day with a b6T head... im willing to bet if the 1.1L has any of mazdas DNA you could get some decent inexpensive hp by boosting it.

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
      i dont know much about the B1 actually this is the first time ive heard about it, but either way its a mazda and can probably be boosted reliably...

what is the head like? what if you add a thicker metal h/g.. run fuel injection and boost the thing?
      The head is an 8valve. It looks like the old B6 8valve heads with the cover design. Supposedly the same inside as a B3 head.

The block is the usual cast iron with a smaller cylinder wall.

It runs on a carb with auto-choke and dual barrel. (the second one opens at full throttle or high RPM.

I was thinking about boosting it with some cheap junkyard turbo and do conversion on other stuff like the oil and fuel pump, the ignition, maybe change to low comp pistons. But the problem is that it's a carb engine and I don't know what to do to convert it to EFI. I even tried asking about turbocharging it on theturboforums, but they shun Festivas there. So nobody replied.
      '98 Kia Pride CD-5 B1 5MT (Daily Driver in Philippines)
      '97 Honda Civic EK 5MT D15 VTEC $50 coilovers (Deceased, previous DD)
      '03 Corolla S 4AT Megan Coilovers 17" tC's. (Daily Driver in Las Vegas)

I had the most fun in the Kia

Comment

How do you guys like this recipe for a Rev-Happy N/A B1??? I don't care if it's expensive and could buy a couple dozen stock Festys...

*Bore B1 block to 72mm.
        *Use a Mazda BJ crank, probably do knife edging if possible.
        *Find a usable 16V head that could fit the B1. (researching)
        *Reprofile the camshafts for high revs.
        *Port and polish the head and upsize the valves.
        *Custom 72mm pistons with 10.2-13:1 comp ratio, with enough TDC clearance to keep the non-interference B-Engine design.
        *Stronger Con-Rods. Probably Carillo...
        *Shaved Flywheel.
        *Racing Clutch Set.
        *Upgrade Oil Pump. (Use motorbike racing motor oil)
        *Upgrade fuel system; High flow electric fuel pump, high flow fuel filter.
        * Upgrade Ignition System; MSD Racing ignSition and coil, ultra low-resistance sparkplug wires, Iridium spark plugs.
        *Mikuni RS40 race bike carbs or Yamaha R1 carbs.
        *Custom intake manifold.
        *Custom 4-2-1 exhaust headers, heat wrapped.
        *Run on 1.5 inch straight pipe. Or 1.75" stainless with mid resonator and split 1000cc motorbike mufflers.
        *Run on 100-120octane gas.

Please comment on what you think about it.

Thanks.
        '98 Kia Pride CD-5 B1 5MT (Daily Driver in Philippines)
        '97 Honda Civic EK 5MT D15 VTEC $50 coilovers (Deceased, previous DD)
        '03 Corolla S 4AT Megan Coilovers 17" tC's. (Daily Driver in Las Vegas)

I had the most fun in the Kia

Comment

Working...
        X