b6 fuel rail question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6 fuel rail question

I'm trying to get my E85 setup working right on my 92 b6 sohc. With 336cc injectors from a Scion TC, they are the skinny type so you can ramp up the duty cycle up just a bit more, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator set to 60psi, a wolbro 255lph pump in the tank, and an Apexi safc, I still get fuel cut after 10psi and i keep thinking my injectors are not getting enough fuel. Anyone know if any bigger fuel rails could be modified to fit?
    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
    88 Dakota tow pig

What injectors were you using before e85? Are you talking about a fuel cut after 10psi at the fuel rail? I probably won't be able to help you, I just want to understand the question :p
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I was running stock BP 254cc. By fuel cut I mean there is a heavy misfire from leaning out. This a newer setup, a couple thousand miles, and still dialing it in.

Dennis
      91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
      88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

are you sure it's not spark blowout? 10psi is something a stock fuel pump and 323gt injectors can handle easily. i would suspect a non fuel issue given what you have on the engine.

BTW, how's the oil consumption?
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I do also have an Accel 42,000kv coil with 8mm solid core wires. I'll try lessening the gap a little. The oil issue was the same as always. I finally got around to harvesting and ultrasonicly cleaning some used HLAs and installing them on Thursday. The slight amount of HLA tick I had is completely gone so ill check the catch can on Monday after work.

Dennis
          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

you can use an aspire rail with the plenum and you gain a schrader valve you can use for a screw on FPR install or a higher diameter feed and return line., just throwing that out if you can score those parts free or near to free.

cough i do have an aspire rail and its stock injectors lying around
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

LOL, so the aspire rail is bigger than the mk2 b6 rail? Keep in mind I'm running E85, a lot more fuel is needed.
              Last edited by gauge_half_inch; 12-24-2011, 11:41 PM.

Dennis
              88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

ok so your saying it went back to the way it was before madness or since the trip home? i'd hate to think that the baffle stopped working after only a few days.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Yep. The valve tic got a lot worse also.

Dennis
                  88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

336cc's is WAY too small for e85... youll wanna get at least 700cc's if you wanna make any sort of power out of it
                    i was maxing out 370's on 14psi of boost on 91 octane in my B6T on 50psi of fuel pressure

im gettin 1200cc's for my e85 BP build
                    Last edited by fastivaB6TG25MR; 12-25-2011, 09:57 PM.
                    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
                      Yep. The valve tic got a lot worse also.
                      crap, i thought i was on to something there... it didn't come loose did it?

Comment

Will the sohc b6 fuel rail flow 700cc? The baffle is still were you installed it
                        Last edited by gauge_half_inch; 12-25-2011, 10:12 PM.

Dennis
                        88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

my buddy was running 900cc's and making over 500whp on the stock square egt style fuel rail... the rail is a hollow tube and is not a restriction... its bigger around than your fuel lines so it only makes sense that they will become a problem before your rail will
                          I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Would a B6T fuel rail fit? They're freakin massive.

I agree, 330cc is about optimal size for a B6 turbo on straight gas, but way undersized for e85

What's the percentage, like 65% larger for equivalent e85 setups?
                            1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                            High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                            Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Idk is the b6t rail will fit, that's the reason for this thread...

Dennis
                              88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Working...
                              X