X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting (and expensive!) plug wires

Look at these:

From the page:

HotWires create a tremendously powerful plasma discharge that ignites every fuel mixture, rich or lean, much better than a conventional spark. Combustion is more complete, resulting in increased horsepower and lower exhaust emissions. HotWires are engineered with a special built-in capacitor, exclusive only to HotWires. This revolutionary design allows spark energy to accumulate in the capacitor until the voltage reaches the ionization point. At that split second, the entire power of the stored spark is discharged at once. The resulting spark is up to 300 times more powerful. Combustion is faster and more complete, resulting in increased horsepower and a cleaner burn. Replacing conventional ignition wires with HotWires is the easiest way to increase the performance of any engine. HotWires can be custom-made to fit nearly any application.

Easier Starting Engine

Improved Acceleration

No More Spark Plug Fouling

Cleaner Combustion Equals Less Pollution

Higher Efficiency

Higher RPM Limits

Lower Cycle to Cycle Variation

HP & Torque: Average 2-5% Increase HP and Torque

Installation: This custom wire set will fit exactly like a stock set of wires. No assembly required.

Tech Notes: When spark plugs with a resistance of less than 0.5 Ohm are used, Hotwires will give the biggest performance increase. When using Hotwires on highly modified engines (turbos, supercharger, NOS, high compression), spark plug gap should not exceed 0.9mm (0.035inch). 50 State Smog Legal
    They got 'em for the standard B6 at $154.00.

Worth it for that last little bit of performance on a nicely built engine, or just a gimmick?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

they do absolutely nothing having those ground straps on them gimmick ploy....better of with magnacores......for that price you could get the 6AL MSD box and get better results
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I have a set of Magnecores I'm saving for Twinstiva/Speedstiva. I have a set of Bosch wires on order from Rockauto (it's about time they got here, too!) that's going on Luxstiva.

These things are just so expensive. Even if they did work as advertised, we're only talking about 2 or 3 hp gained on a N/A B6 for over $150! That would buy a cam, I think.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

yes almost 165 for cam
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I would like to know how they take regular ignition voltage ,and convert it into a POWERFUL PLASMA DISCHARGE. :toothy10: :laughing5:

Maybe thats why the are so expensive ,they have a built in thermal nuclear infusion transistorisor from the Martian on the Bugs Bunny show ,that converts it . :lol:
          ------------------------------------------------
          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

They figured if nology can make money lying about special super expensive plug wires....so can they.
            www.dantheoilman.com
            AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
            Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
            Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

just get some low resistance wires, wrap shielding around them and get a few good ground straps. that's about as good as you can get without running solid wire and having huge amounts of EMI.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
              X