• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tunning b3

what the the best steps to tune stock b3 engine carburetor
    what about doing some work at the head and fly wheel and the crank
    waiting for your information

what have you done already, what are you planing for this engine and are you looking for more performance than stock?

depending on your answers can change the tune considerably.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

well i wanna be tuning for NA .... but unfortunalty i never found useful resources regarding the Mazda-KIA engines.

Anyways i've a Kia-Pride sedan powered by the B3 "carbeuratted" and the engine is now totally dis-assembled so i wanna know more about :

1- Available stroker crank-shafts
      2- to port and polish the head, to what size and what valves to be used
      3- If i were to shave the cylinder head to increase the c/r what r my limits?
      4- Regarding fuel supply ... recommendations about EFI conversion.
      5- to lighten and balance the flywheel "what's the exact weight should i reach to be suitable for a daily driven car"

Sure i'm waiting for ur feed-back so Replyyyyyyyyy...

Comment

I'll answer your inquiries in order:

stroker crank- yes, from japan, but the last time i looked it was $2500 to take the B6 to 1.8L and all it included was the crank and pistons. not even sure if it's produced anymore.

port and polish should start with a B6 head as they have larger ports and valves to start with. valves can go larger by 2mm each, the link shows what a worked over head looks like. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/vie...942&highlight=

The head was shaved .030" (about 1 mm) and gained compression (about .2 pts.) you can take it another .030" i think, but you may risk damage to the water jackets. If i were you, I'd have new pistons made for higher compression, or if you want to save some $$, order some 12:1 pistons for a 1.6 miata and have them shaved to the CR that you desire. unfortunately this requires you to have the block bored to a 1.6L.

for an EFI conversion, the simplest one i can think of that will support high volume for high RPMs is the Holley TBI for the 2.5L here's a link: http://www.holley.com/types.asp?type=70 you'd want the 400cfm stock 2.8L unit. getting a PCM for that shouldn't be hard, or you can use a commander unit like this http://www.holley.com/950-20S.asp they come separate for use with other TBI setups.

for the flywheel, i had my machine shop take it down to a "safe" level which came out to 10.5 lbs. (4.8 kg?) i wouldn't go any lighter unless it's a full race prep. i haven't had ANY problems with this flywheel and stock pressure plate, everything holds together just fine and i drive it daily (it's my only running car at the moment)
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

thnx for your helpful reply but i want to know can i do this work on the b301 not the 630

Comment

the kia sephia1 here in egypt its head code is b61k
            i want to know if the block of that head works with my head or not

Comment

why nobody answer me is there any thing wrong or u don't understand me

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed el Shall
                why nobody answer me is there any thing wrong or u don't understand me
                The problem is that we don't know what a Kia Sephia or a b61k is in your country. Kia Sephia is not like the festiva in the US. Sorry we can't be more help. Try posting pics of what you have and people will then see what your talking about.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

this is KIA sephia engine and the head code is b61k i want to know if any body know the block of that head And can it work with the b301 head or not

Comment

this is the kia sephia from outside and with diff. motor

Comment

Working...
                    X