who here is using the hydro/cable adapter for the bp swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who here is using the hydro/cable adapter for the bp swap

i think im having issues getting mine to engage and disengage. how much is the clutch fork supposed to move? where is your clutch petal sitting when engaged and disengaged?

my car is running great and shifts fine but it feels like the clutch is slipping major when i feed it gas
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

I am, but we made our own. Did you buy a bracket from someone?
    I'd have to have my buddy look to see how much of a throw there is (this is an "F" trans), but I'm guessing about an inch. Hopefully your fork didn't jump off the pivot point.
    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

If your clutch is slipping, you need to loosen the nut on the cable, or the bolt that goes from the bracket to the clutch fork

You just have to adjust it for it to work right

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
        I am, but we made our own. Did you buy a bracket from someone?
        I'd have to have my buddy look to see how much of a throw there is (this is an "F" trans), but I'm guessing about an inch. Hopefully your fork didn't jump off the pivot point.
        what do you mean by this are you talking internally or something on the fork outside the trans?
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          If your clutch is slipping, you need to loosen the nut on the cable, or the bolt that goes from the bracket to the clutch fork

You just have to adjust it for it to work right

chris i did realize that i accidentally installed the first version you sent out could that have anything to do with it? i did a whole bunch of adjustments to the cable bolt and the through bolt with no luck before i realized that i was using the old version.

i started switching them out but decided to call it a night and stepped back from frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
            what do you mean by this are you talking internally or something on the fork outside the trans?
            The clutch fork pivots on something right, if that fork were to come off of that pivot point, all of the cable adjusting in the world won't help. Are you sure the fork is still on it's pivot point, are you sure the throwout bearing is installed on the fork correctly and are you sure the clutch itself is installed facing the flywheel correctly. If that clutch is in backward, it may not be able to dissengage Because the pressure plate fingers end up holding it against the flywheel instead of letting it float free.
            97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
            CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
            Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

i get what your saying now. the fork does pivot... all the way... maybe not and may be the problem. as for the clutch, throw out, flywheel all i know is the motor and trans came out of my friends running and driving egt. i never felt the need to seperate the trans and motor. so im still stumped and possibly screwed . ill have to try finishing the adapter swap and hope there is something to that.

also want to know here your clutch pedal engages/disengages because mine petal is loose with no tension and it pretty much sits almost on the floor. can i correct this? is this possibly my clutch doesnt seem to fully engage? grrrr so many little things it could be

Comment

The way I adjusted my bracket was i had the cable loose enough where there was no tension on it meaning the clutch is fully engaged, then I would sit I the car use my right foot to push the clutch pedal down and with my left foot try to move the car while in first gear, if you can move the car then the clutch is disengaged, meaning the adapter is doing its job

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

So far disengaging hasnt been a problem just fully engaging seems to be the problem

Comment

sounds like there is something hung up. if there is no tension on the cable see if you can wiggle the clutch fork itself up and down to make sure its not stuck. you should be able to push it toward the front of the engine to lift the throw out bearing off of the release fingers of the pressure plate.
                    Last edited by fastivaB6TG25MR; 01-01-2012, 11:10 PM.
                    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

how new is your clutch? i thought i had the same problem when i first installed mine but it was just my brand new clutch breaking in. after a couple hundred miles it never slipped again

Comment

ok so my friend said its not a bran spankin new clutch but its within 15,000 mi. the person he bought the car from installed it and is an aftermarket performance clutch of some sort (he doesnt remember the brand or puck count or anything like that). he said he never had it slip and was a verry good feeling/grabbing clutch. he also said to check the bell housing for small animals said it happened to him before in his svo ha ha. in my trial runs of the car i have yet to smell clutch burn so that a good thing i think? i guess i just need to check the fork throw (without being hooked in) like has been said and the compare it to the throw while installed and make sure it is going all the way back to the engaged position. first things first i need to put the 2.0 version of the adapter chris made. also how long was the stock cable supposed to be i have a suspicion that i am using the one from a glh trans because it seems long?

Comment

if its an ebay "performance" 6 puck its probably done... my B6T ground one of those into nothing in 6 months 8000 miles ish
                          I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

well that's gonna mean a resurfaced or new flywheel as well...

but John and I were talking to him (bobby) tonight, and we agree that proper adjustments need to be assured before condeming the clutch.
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^ yes sir i actually only drove it for a total of about 3 mi all together. i now remember why i didnt install the 2.0 version of chris's hydro to cable adapter. when i got home from artys house last night i installed the 2.0 version and when i tightened the bolts from the trans case that holds the adapter in it bind it up and dosnt allow it to swing back and forth anymore so i dont know whats up with that i know ghost has one on his and it works fine so im kinda stuck and forced to go backward again. all these little problems holding me back one after another is why i chose to name this stupid car relentless.

Comment

Working...
                              X