323 or Capri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 323 or Capri

I plan on doing the b6 swap, and I was wondering if there is any reason to go with a b6 out of a 323 over one out of a capri or vice versa. I also read that the passenger side mounts line up, but they didnt mention the driver's side. So does this mean I should take the driver side mounts out of the donor car, or do I need to have some fabricated.

Thanks
    Dan
    Froggy in the meadow, under the log. BIG JILM!

Are you asking about the B6t or a dohc b6 or sohc b6? B6t need to have a mount fab'ed up for sure. DOnt know about the other ones.
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Either of the 1.6 DOHC'S Turbo or non turbo'd will use the same mount(custom piece on the passenger side(theyare the same block/head). The B6 SOHC is a simple and direct swap without any sort of modifications. This all assumes you are using the stock festiva Trans. If not, then you are looking at some more mounts that need to be made.
      Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

I am planning on doing the SOHC swap since it is much simpler. Is it true that the only thing I need besides the engine is the ECU? But if I do use a DOHC what do I need to get out of the original car?
        Froggy in the meadow, under the log. BIG JILM!

Comment

Get the ECU, Airflowmeter, and EFI Wiring Harness...with all other components connected...like Ignition coil, Igniter, etc......just follow the EFI harness and dont cut anything. Cut only after the connectors....linking EFI harness to Main harness(not the connectors to the ECU)

DOHC....same above.

But for DOHC Turbo....just dont forget the "Knock control module".....And include also the passenger side mount....you can use it....or just modify the stock one from your car. And also the Fuel Pump....unless you want to immediately upgrade to 255LPH fuel pump...like Walbro 255LPH

Good luck
          1st hybrid & running FE3 + GT3076R Turbo
          ...Carbon Kevlar Hood and Roof

Comment

Working...
          X