B6T Exhaust manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6T Exhaust manifold

Are the B3 & B6T exhaust ports the same? ie will a 323 GT turbo exhaust manifold bolt up to a B3?
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

I would love confirmation on this, people say they do, then I heard only sohc b6 manifolds fit, so I don't know what's true. I'm also curious about the bp manifolds to b6 manifolds (dohc motors).
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

My experience with them is a big fat no !!! The b3 sohc will fit the b6 sohc thats it . But let the pros chime in ...
      New build on the way .

Comment

No, it won't bolt up
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
          I would love confirmation on this, people say they do, then I heard only sohc b6 manifolds fit, so I don't know what's true. I'm also curious about the bp manifolds to b6 manifolds (dohc motors).
          Who says they do?

The B6T manifold will only bolt to a B6T or B6D head
          The BP manifolds will only bolt to a BP head

B6T ports are oval, the SOHC is round & unevenly spaced isnt it?
          BP ports are oval, much bigger than B6T ports, and spaced wider too due to wider bore spacing. B6D and BP manifolds don't interchange at all
          1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
          High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
          Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

The b3 and b6 sohc ports are tear drop shaped and not evenly spaced, 1&2 are mirrored of 3&4, 2&3 are siamese
            Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
            93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
            91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
            93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
            15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
            88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
              The b3 and b6 sohc ports are tear drop shaped and not evenly spaced, 1&2 are mirrored of 3&4, 2&3 are siamese
              Only true for the early B6 exhaust manifolds and heads. 86-89 are tear-dropped and clustered together on the B6, but the later ones reflect a flatter/even-spacing. More info from an old R+D thread on headers:

Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                Who says they do?

The B6T manifold will only bolt to a B6T or B6D head
                The BP manifolds will only bolt to a BP head

B6T ports are oval, the SOHC is round & unevenly spaced isnt it?
                BP ports are oval, much bigger than B6T ports, and spaced wider too due to wider bore spacing. B6D and BP manifolds don't interchange at all
                bp manifolds sorta-fit on fe3 heads to

best random discovery ever, my buddy built an fe3 monster and out of pure curiosity we got a riceland bp header to bolt to the head!

Comment

Dang same

It would be nice though.But thanks guys for the quick response.
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                    Only true for the early B6 exhaust manifolds and heads. 86-89 are tear-dropped and clustered together on the B6, but the later ones reflect a flatter/even-spacing. More info from an old R+D thread on headers:

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32715
                    Odd, because my 92 b6 is teardrop shaped, the only difference in manifolds between the 1st and 2nd gen b6 sohc is the outter 2 stud location on the top.
                    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                    88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Working...
                    X