MSD 6al install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD 6al install?

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for installing an msd 6al box to a b6t? Im confused about what color of wire the White wire coming from the msd box connects to? It says it goes to points on distributor
    -93' Festiva L (B6T swap in progress)
    -92' XR2 Capri (Parts car)

use the green and purple wires to hook up to your distributor. you cannot wire it straight to the factory wires. you must take the Ignition Controle Module out of the distributor and wire it straight to the pickups. if need be i can take a couple pictures.

-W.F.
    Automotive Misfit

Comment

Pics would be very helpful and appreciated

Comment

I removed the ICM and these are the wires that were connecting.

i see the green/yellow-stripe wire on the left.. is the wire on the right the purple one that i use? it appears red/brown on my car but either way i need to get this wired up.

i was also wondering if i could just use a male ended electrical connector to wire my msd to those wires if they are the ones im supposed to use.

Comment

okay i found the green and purple violet on the msd 6al.. so does the green on the msd go to the green wire in the distributor and the purple from the msd to the red/brown in the distributor?

(edit: i just saw that it says green is negative and purple is positive.. so the green in the distributor must be the negative and the other wire must be a red positive right?)

back of the msd 6al
          Last edited by festivBS; 06-13-2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wflaw45 View Post
            use the green and purple wires to hook up to your distributor. you cannot wire it straight to the factory wires. you must take the Ignition Controle Module out of the distributor and wire it straight to the pickups.
            -W.F.
            since when??? the modual MUST be used to send signal to the 6AL. i've installed 2 systems (both the same way) and used all the factory pieces (excepted upgraded coils). i wired it in such a way that if the 6AL were to fail for any reason (and they DO), you could easily go back to stock and get home.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Okay, so what do I attach the mag pickup to or do I use the white wire?

Comment

i used the white wire tapped into the ICM output IIRC
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The purple and green wires makes more sense to me to hook up but I think it can be done either way. If necessary i'll try either of them if one way doesn't work

Comment

Working...
                  X