FMS B3 cam in B6 SOHC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS B3 cam in B6 SOHC?

wondering if this will work for my build? using an early B6 SOHC with carb intake and weber carb. The sale has tempted me to jump at it and try just wondering if anyone has done it themselves.

Thanks
    -W.F.
    Automotive Misfit

I did it. The FMS cam does make the car peppier but fuel economy dropped about 3 MPG. I eventually put the original cam back in. Runs smoother with the original. Depends on what you want. It definitely will work though. You are building my exact setup. Makes a pretty fun little car.

Comment

Awesome thanks! not too worried about fuel economy with this one. time to break the head open for porting
      Automotive Misfit

Comment

^ focus on the intake bowl and exhaust runner shelf. then deck the CRAP out of it (0.020" is the "safe" limit to give you some starting point)
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The exhaust bowl (on the first gen at least) is worse than the intake bowl. It is terrible. The short turn radius on the exhaust is bad, but the port floor and one wall is flat, and the port is skewed to direct flow toward the opposite corner. There's not a lot of meat there to really get a good radius. About all you can do is get rid of the sharp edge and hopefully reduce turbulance. I wish I had a flow bench and 2 old heads to really experiment with!
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
          X